Golden week

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
ennui
Veteran

Golden week

Post by ennui » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:02 am

Hey guys, what's everyone's plans as far as Golden Week goes? I don't know what I've got going on quite yet, but I'd love to run a game of shinobigami if people are interested. I think there's some sort of wh40k thing going on, right? I wonder if people would be willing to play war machine instead, hehe.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Golden week

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 am

git back ye fiend fae the darkest hell!

Whats happening in Golden Week?

NagoyaHammer, that's whats happening. Primarch spends a lot of time, energy and money organising these things, so we should all shout "huzzah!" for NagoyaHammer.

Warmachine, pfah... :?

(yes, yes, OK I have a warmachine army. Yes, its a nice game, but still, Golden Week means 40k. Surely everybody knows that? :P )
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Unfortunately, I don't play warhammer 40k.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:49 pm

I know :D

gomen, I was just being daft. NagHammer is probably the biggest 40k event of the year around here. Personally Ive been prepping for it for about 5 months now, and I'm still nowhere near fully painted. (Oh, the woes of a 40k army. How the warmachine players are laughing at us. And the malifaux players? in fits of hysterics...)

but anyway - I dont know what Prim will say, as Naghammer is pretty much a 100% 40k event and he may not want to dilute it (so to speak) with non 40k games, but regardless, good luck in finding someone to game against. As you said before, not everyone plays 40k, so you should be able to find somebody :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Hey,

Sorry Ennui, but NagoyaHammer will be only 40k for the 2 days. (3rd and 4th of May)

We might have table space spare, and you're welcome to come hang out, but people are coming to play 40k.
If you want to play, you'll need to pay the entrance fee like everyone else AND find someone not playing 40k to play with. (The Other Dave doesnt play 40k?)

Sorry.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Nah, it's cool. It's just a shame that I don't play 40k, otherwise it sounds like it'd be a blast. Is anyone else up for some gaming over the long holiday though?

jus

Post by jus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:51 am

How about a warmachine day after or before nagoyahammer? I'd be down for that. Failing that theres still always vassal. Speaking of which, I propose another battle for the grassy plains. What say you ennui? I don"t see you online much, but if you are free any weeknight, log on, and I will probably be on.

I'd also like to invite other people who have expressed interest in warmachine using vassal to log on and give it a go with us, or even remain in spectator mode. Ennui and I are experts in the particulars of the software...at least were until we stopped playing it for an aeon, and have likely forgotten how everything work now, but blundering around the options and landing blast templates and terrain and counters everywhere is half the fun.

If we can't do a golden week warma/hordes day, due to whatever reason, how about a golden week warmahordes vassal night?

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:42 am

Haha. I'm totally down for a game over vassal (though a game ithe flesh is much preferable). I get home between 7:30 and 8:30 these days. It's tough being a salaryman. But yeah, one day soon let's get a game going online. No grassy plains though! :evil: :D

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”