WHFRP vs DH

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.
Miggy Smallz

WHFRP vs DH

Post by Miggy Smallz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:40 am

I'd like to ask a very brief question.

Are the rulessets of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and Dark Heresy compatible? I mean, for example, could I insert Dark Heresy characters into the world of WHFRP, or bring over creatures from WHFRP into Dark Heresy?

Anyone familiar with both games, that can provide an answer if the mechanics are basically "re-skinnable"?

I'm just curious.
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

Colonel Voss

Re: WHFRP vs DH

Post by Colonel Voss » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:54 am

It'd take a bit of work as some things don't line up, but overall they are very similar.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:07 am

Miggy Smallz wrote:I'd like to ask a very brief question.

Are the rulessets of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and Dark Heresy compatible? I mean, for example, could I insert Dark Heresy characters into the world of WHFRP, or bring over creatures from WHFRP into Dark Heresy?

Anyone familiar with both games, that can provide an answer if the mechanics are basically "re-skinnable"?

I'm just curious.
A lot would depend on which edition of WHFRP you're using (there have been 3 so far), with some taking more work than others. The basic system (d100s) are the same, but I think skills and talents work differently, though its been a long time since I played 2nd ed and I haven't read 3rd ed at all.
Bear in mind that WHFRP lacks things like plasma cannons which may make a difference in the power levels of the creatures.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Yes WHFRP second edition is the same as Dark Heresy. Percentile system with degrees of success and failure used in the roles. Rogue Trader is also the same system. You could easily combine the two.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Role Playing Games - RPG”