NH2013 Warhammer 40K Tag Team Tournament

Primarch
Evil Overlord

NH2013 Warhammer 40K Tag Team Tournament

Post by Primarch » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:58 am

The rules for the 40K Tag Team Tournament will be as follows:

Rules
Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition. (FAQs from GW will apply). In the event of any disagreements not covered by the FAQs or Main Rulebook, we will be using the standard "shout for Prim" method of resolving problems. This has worked well in the past and most folks seem happy about it.

Army Lists
Players will be required to bring TWO army lists with them. One list must be made for 1000 points with NO allies allowed. This will be used if you enter a tag team match. The other list must be made for 2000 points with allies allowed, but no second FOC (I.e. you get one FOC and one allied detachment). Tag Team games will use the Allies rules (page 112 of the main rulebook) for how your armies interact with each other. For the tag team games, Tyranids count all other armies at Desperate Allies.

Army Books
The following army books can be used:
-Any Games Workshop Codex. You must use the most up to date book released before May 2013. (If you codex is released on May 1st or 2nd you will have to use the old one).
-Imperial Armour Armies chosen from these lists:
Elysian Drop Troops
Armoured Battle Group
Death Korps Siege Regiment
Death Korps Armoured Battle Group
Eldar Corsairs
Ork Dread Mob
Renegades and Heretics: Servants of Slaughter
Renegades and Heretics
Renegades and Heretics: Servants of Decay Armies
Space Marine Siege Assault
Tyrant’s Legion
-Units chosen from Imperial Armour books. - You MUST use the newest version of the rules for any models chosen from these books. (IA: Aeronautica and IA Apocalypse 2nd Edition would be the best places to look).

Under NO Circumstances are the following allowed:
Super Heavy units.
Gargantuan Creatures.
Any unit listed as being for Apocalypse.
Units from the Horus Heresy series.

If you have ANY questions, please get in contact with me BEFORE the event. I would strongly urge players to read their army FAQs as well.

Missions
As most of us are still getting used to 6th edition, this time round we will be using 3 missions chosen from the main rulebook. Missions and Deployments will be announced on the day, but they will all be standard missions.

Winning and Losing
Players and Teams will get points for winning games and for other actions as well.
At the end of the day, the points will be totalled and then divided by the number of players on the team. All points below are PER PLAYER.

Standard points
Win a Game - 3 Victory Points
Draw a Game - 1 Victory Point
Lose a Game - 0 Victory Points

Bonus Points
These points are a one time bonus or for achieving certain goals throughout the day.
Painted Bonus - All models are painted to at least three colours (not counting undercoat): +1 Victory Point

Mission Goals
Successfully Seize the Initiative, but choose to let the other player(s) go first regardless: +1 Victory Point
Finish Your Game BEFORE the last turn warning: +1 Victory Point
Achieve ALL 3 Secondary Objectives (First Blood, Slay the Warlord, Linebreaker): +1 Victory Point

Tag Teams
Teams should consist of 2 players. Should your partner bail on you at the last minute, you can still play with your 2000 point list.

Sportsmanship
This is a competitive event, but everyone will enjoy it far more if you try to play with your opponents rather than against them. The purpose of this event is for everyone to have a good time and approaching the game in the right spirit is vital for this. Come along, have fun and play some great games. WAAC types need not apply. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: NH2013 Warhammer 40K Team Tournament

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 am

Generally, it looks fine and dandy. I'd like to file my annual official complaint about the use of paintypoints and comp points. Same reasons as the preceeding two years :) doesn't mean I won't come along and enjoy it, though :)

Speed painting is a welcome addition. I expect to lose like I have never lost before, but it'll be fun. Do we have rules for the speed painting yet?

Huzzah for IA being in this year. I shall warm up my Warp Hunter and get the engines on my Blight Drone started :D

The extra points rules are generally good, but the one about finishing early vastly favours small model count armies. Seems a bit biased to me. It's a hella lot easier to do things fast with Grey knights than it is with a green tide. Likewise, the potential is there to strategically deny your opponent a point by lallygagging yourself. Could get technical with teams being involved. Just a thought :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:02 am

I'd happily put some rules together for speed painting comp seeing as I suggested it. If Prim is in favour. Otherwise it can be arranged by others. Nothing too detailed basically you get points for accuracy, amount completed and over all look. Every one paints the same mini.....anyway this can be debated elsewhere.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 am

Painting contest rules are well in hand and are unrelated to the team tournament, so lets discuss them elsewhere.

@M_i_J - I understand your points, but I think that some of them are ones that we will always fundamentally disagree about. Either way, it's all about having fun at the end of the day so with that as your goal the rest should be fairly easy to live with. :? right?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: NH2013 Warhammer 40K Tag Team Tournament

Post by Primarch » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Some changes to the format above:

We are going with the same team format as last year e.g. a Tag Team. Having thought it over, variable team sizes would give more flexibility but would be a pain in the behind to organise on the day.

No more composition points (though you still get a bonus point if all your models are painted).

Players may want to start organising teams at some point soon otherwise you may not have enough time for trash talking everyone you want to. :D

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:16 am

I have a suggestion. Can we have multiple lists like last year? I found it real fun to be able to trade units between games.

M.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 am

Miguelsan wrote:I have a suggestion. Can we have multiple lists like last year? I found it real fun to be able to trade units between games.

M.
No, one list for the day. You won't know the missions in advance this time so bring an all-rounder list that can manage any of the 6 core missions.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:47 am

I was watching a battle report on youtube and saw an interesting alternative for rolling the Warlord Traits.

Instead of choosing which trait type and then rolling, these players rolled a dice and then selected a trait from any of the 3 types associated with the rolled number.

So if I rolled a 4, for example, I could then look at all the three choices for '4' on the tables and then choose one that might give some benefit to my army.

Just thought it was interesting.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Interestingly, that's pretty much what me and spev did at the weekend. Seemed to work ok.

Or, here's an idea - how about rolling as usual for the warlord trait at the start of the first game, and then retaining that trait throughout the day? It's the same army after all. Stands to reason that the warlord is going to have the same tricks up his sleeve, no?

Just a thought :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Any chance of a post of the teams so far and those that don't have partners? I am still open for the dance. If you can't find a partner, are you able to just play the 2000 point army?
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

Return to “NagoyaHammer 2013”