NH2013 Warhammer 40K Tag Team Tournament

Auxryn
Champion

Re: NH2013 Warhammer 40K Tag Team Tournament

Post by Auxryn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks for the rulings.

I was thinking I would convert as many boyz as possible to shootas, but from what you said it would be best to avoid mixed units and have one unit of all sluggas and one of all shootas, then explain that actually everyone has shootas?
I had thought it would be least confusing to just make sure each unit has a clear majority of shootas over sluggas (I suspect that's how orks would really do it, as uniformity is not their forte) but I'll do it whatever way you say is best.

My wife is planning a day trip to Tokyo on Saturday so perhaps I'll stop by Jinbocho and pick up some more models.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Auxryn wrote:Thanks for the rulings.

I was thinking I would convert as many boyz as possible to shootas, but from what you said it would be best to avoid mixed units and have one unit of all sluggas and one of all shootas, then explain that actually everyone has shootas?
I had thought it would be least confusing to just make sure each unit has a clear majority of shootas over sluggas (I suspect that's how orks would really do it, as uniformity is not their forte) but I'll do it whatever way you say is best.

My wife is planning a day trip to Tokyo on Saturday so perhaps I'll stop by Jinbocho and pick up some more models.
I suspect that you won't have any slugga boyz in the entire army (for some reason) :mrgreen: . I think it would reasonable to say, "These 180 Orks are Shoota Boyz." :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Sat May 04, 2013 12:47 am

Just want to thanks to all our opponents and everyone that made the event possible and that includes all the participants. Thanks to my partner Eigen for allowing me to pull out his hair when things kept coming up snake-eyes. Great terrain for the tables and spacious venue. I really liked the people's choice awards for painting. All in all, unlucky all day but good fun. I especially want to thank the emperors hammer in lysanders hand for smashing everything in his way!

P.S: it did get a bit stuffy and rank in the venue. Any chance of air conditioning or at least windows open for next year?
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat May 04, 2013 11:41 am

We actually had the air con running today, I guess in all the dice rolling and model moving it got overlooked yesterday. Next year it will be top of the to do list.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Sat May 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Primarch wrote:We actually had the air con running today, I guess in all the dice rolling and model moving it got overlooked yesterday. Next year it will be top of the to do list.
With every game casuing me to sweat, Could have been just me. If so, sorry to those that stood too close. WMBOD! If not, thanks.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I had a great time this year. Thanks to every one tha came to this event.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

jehan-reznor
Champion

Post by jehan-reznor » Sun May 05, 2013 3:11 am

I had a great time, i hadn't thought my Hello Kitty Army would do that well , but together with necrons and all knowing Stuart, we won all our battles.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun May 05, 2013 6:55 am

Thanks to all for a great weekend - next time, hopefully my partner will remember to oil the gubbins on his shokk attack guns properly :p
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun May 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Primarch_Vanguard wrote:
Primarch wrote:We actually had the air con running today, I guess in all the dice rolling and model moving it got overlooked yesterday. Next year it will be top of the to do list.
With every game casuing me to sweat, Could have been just me. If so, sorry to those that stood too close. WMBOD! If not, thanks.
Nope, I noticed it too, and so did my husband when I came home for lunch...

But regardless it was a lot of fun trying out the new Tau codex with my Eldar allies. Also had a good time on day two getting my Malfaux crew into action and running the Titans in Epic.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Mon May 06, 2013 5:10 am

A thanks to my team mate and Kiwi brother, and to everyone who attended.

A even bigger thanks to the Primarch for putting all us geeks and gamers together in one place.

Those who I joined for lunch on the two days, thanks for the great chats! :ugeek: Good times!

Return to “NagoyaHammer 2013”