NagoyaHammer 2013 - Terrain Contest

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: NagoyaHammer 2013 - Terrain Contest

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:06 pm

Last edited by Admiral-Badruck on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Ok, so GW plastic bunker is no good, GW plastic bunker with all the aquilae filed off is ok?

Just to clarify, this isn't a problem for me, as I have actually already filed off all imperial insignia from all of my terrain on principle, but if you're thinking aquilae are ok then we have to say other races insignia are ok, too.

Would it help to just say "bear in mind it may not be your army occupying the scenery, and it should fit in visually with a tableful of other people's stuff"
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:46 am

me_in_japan wrote:
It should also be reasonably generic in terms of race.
I just noticed this line. Does this mean "no themed scenery"? Because that's kinda how it reads. No eldar webways, no imperial bunkers, no tau outposts. Not even a tyranid spore thingy.

I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant, but it'd be worth clarifying, I think.
Found these decent plastic trees at the 100yen shop but had to cut the bottoms off. Low and behold , the bottoms became great tyranid infestation terrain; barbs and all.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:53 am

Primarch wrote:
Having a bunker, outpost, alien architecture or wierd pod like thingies is fine. Having a specifically tau outpost or Blood Angel bunker is not. If everyone brings terrain themed to a specific force or race it will all look very odd on the table together. The theme is Jungle, you can always add insignia etc after the event.
Wrecked or derelict vehicles etc would be alright?

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:36 am

#edited#

The theme is Generic Jungle terrain.
No army/race specific vehicles, buildings, terrain elements. I.e. no Imperial bunkers or Chaos bunkers, No wrecked Imperial Fists Rhinos, no Eldar Web Gates. It should look like a jungle, not an Imperial Jungle or an Ork jungle. So if you can find wrecked vehicles which look completely dissimilar to any current GW models that is fine. If you scratch build your own bunker or alien architecture, thats fine. If you want to convert a GW model so that it has no identifying features, thats fine.

Generic
Jungle
Terrain.

Simple no? :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:16 am

Not hard to understand at all.
MIJ
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 am

Well, it is now, but it renders the past 2 or 3 weeks worth of converting my imperial bunker a bit pointless, doesn't it? It's not a humongous disaster, as a bunker is a useful thing in and of itself, but it does mean I ain't gonna be able to enter the terrain compo.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 am

Trust me I was not to happy when I read the op the second time and noticed tha at bastion I was working of was not going to work. :? But I have other better ideas.
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:07 am

me_in_japan wrote:Well, it is now, but it renders the past 2 or 3 weeks worth of converting my imperial bunker a bit pointless, doesn't it? It's not a humongous disaster, as a bunker is a useful thing in and of itself, but it does mean I ain't gonna be able to enter the terrain compo.
Up until about 9:10pm last night, I would have happily accepted a converted Imperial bunker, but since then people have been niggling away about exactly what is or isn't appropriate. I left things fairly open for folks, but it seems that you want to have exact, specific details instead.
me_in_japan wrote:
It should also be reasonably generic in terms of race.
I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant.
In future, maybe it would be best to assume that that is indeed exactly what I meant.

So, let's just settle this once and for all.

A jungle themed terrain piece that is reasonably generic in terms of race. (Specifically that it wont look out of place when compared to any other terrain pieces that are brought on the day).
For example:
A bunker in the middle of the jungle - GOOD
A bunker with Imperial markings in the middle of the jungle - BAD
A bunker filled with bubbling pustles of Nurgley slime in the middle of the jungle - BAD
A bunker covered in Ork graffiti in the middle of the jungle - BAD

My post further up this page has been edited somewhat. #sigh# Seriously, I could say "Bring anything you like" and I would still get people misinterpreting it. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Ok dokey, all clear :)

I really wasn't trying to complain in my last post. As it happens, my bunker does have all the imperial insignia removed, but it sadly also has some rather nurgley bits. Those, due to their immovable nature, sadly have to stay. So, no terrain compo for me. It's ok, tho - truth be told I was building the bunker to use as a bunker anyway, so I will continue with my previous plan. Hopefully it should look ok on the the jungle table, even if it can't count as an official entry. All is cool :)

Return to “NagoyaHammer 2013”