NH 2013 - Painting Contest

Primarch
Evil Overlord

NH 2013 - Painting Contest

Post by Primarch » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 pm

As with previous events, NagoyaHammer 2013 will play host to a painting competition. Bring along your nicest models and see how you rank up to the other painters in Japan.

As there are two other competitions this year, we're keeping things simple this time around. There will be two categories to enter and the winning entries will be chosen by the public. No special guest judges or complex formulae for calculating the winner. It will all be decided by a public vote.

The two catergories are:
Warhammer 40K (and 30K if you want)
and
Any Non-40K.

Simple eh?
Entries should consist of a single model of any size. Of course, you can decorate the base of a Hive Tyrant with some ripper swarms or have some Grot crew on your Battlewagon, but the entry must be one model.

To keep things fair, you may enter both categories, but you can only win one. If the same person gets the majority of votes for both categories, the person with the second highest number of votes will win one of them.

Now, I am sure some people will want more categories or complain that it's not fair that they can't enter the entire Ultramarines Chapter as a single entry, but we don't have a lot of time if we want to get enough games in and NagoyaHammer is not primarily a painting event.

Questions, comments and inevitable whinging below please. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: NH 2013 - Painting Contest

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:36 am

*MiJ ponders and peruses and looks for potential problems in his usual pedantic manner...*

Errrrrrr. No. Actually I think you're good. Nice and simple. Thank you. For the first time somebody has actually come up with a painting contest I wholeheartedly agree with without reservation. Well done :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:38 am

Now, I am sure some people will want more categories or complain that it's not fair that they can't enter the entire Ultramarines Chapter as a single entry, but we don't have a lot of time
:( :( :( Are you purposefully trying to piss me off? OK well yeah that is an annoying comment what can I say. Well done. Say no more more mate.
By the way I'll give your books to MiJ next time I see him, if you could do the same with mine that would be great. Cheers.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:55 am

ashmie wrote:
Now, I am sure some people will want more categories or complain that it's not fair that they can't enter the entire Ultramarines Chapter as a single entry, but we don't have a lot of time
:( :( :( Are you purposefully trying to piss me off? OK well yeah that is an annoying comment what can I say. Well done. Say no more more mate.
By the way I'll give your books to MiJ next time I see him, if you could do the same with mine that would be great. Cheers.
Er... what? Seriously?
It was actually a reference to this:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 700&type=1
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:30 am

Don't worry. It's nothing. I thought I could enter my whole army of Ultramarines but that's alright. It doesn't really matter. Forget about it. Just a bit jet lagged at the moment, forgive the panic. Single models must be an easier thing to judge anyway. ;)
I haven't forgotten about your books though, I will get them to you some how. Sorry.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:53 am

Dinnae fret, lads. :)

@prim - as I said in my earlier post, I reckon single mini is for the best.

@Ash - be cool :) Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound. I'm sure it was a pisser of a flight. I hope your mum is ok. Take it easy, get some shuteye, and when you're feeling up to it by all means post or not depending on how you're feeling at the time. Either way, we'll be here when you get back. Bear in mind that nobody has anything against you and if somebody says something that could be taken personally it almost certainly wasn't intended that way.*

Everybody cool? OK - I'm cool. Prim's cool. Ash is cool. Cool. We're all cool. *assumes lotus position and says "ooommmmmmmmm"*

:D

*unless it was spev that said it, but with him it's easy to tell if he's trying to be rude. There's doesn't tend to be any ambiguity :P
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:07 pm

me_in_japan wrote:Dinnae fret, lads. :)

*unless it was spev that said it, but with him it's easy to tell if he's trying to be rude. There's doesn't tend to be any ambiguity :P

I take pride in my ability to communicate my contempt and disdain for people in a clear, concise, and direct manner. Thank you for noticing. ;)
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Sounds good prime I will keep up my good work. :mrgreen:
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Return to “NagoyaHammer 2013”