Team tourney Rules questions

skkipper
Rookie

Team tourney Rules questions

Post by skkipper » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:33 am

ok so there are 2 1000 point armies.

How do these armies relate to each other on the field. if a character gives a special rule like vulkan and his meltigun rule does that help both teams?
on the field can characters join squads of your teammate?

I am looking for clarification how teams work together.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Team tourney Rules questions

Post by Primarch » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:40 am

Use the allies matrix in the core rulebook to see how the armies interact (e.g. Allies of convenience). Armies which can't normally ally count as desperate allies for this game. If you have questions on a specific rule, e.g. Vulkan, check the GW FAQ first. In most cases army rules dont carry over. Vulkan does NOT grant his rule for allies.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

skkipper
Rookie

Post by skkipper » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:21 am

ok so allies of the same army are battle brothers then?

also when it comes to reserves is it half of the 2 armies or is it half of the total units.

for example two army lists of Draigo, paladins, and a strike squad.

if each army is treated seperatly, both draigo and paladin squads(4 units) can deepstrike. if treated as one army only 3 units can deepstrike.

I just need to figure out how I should split up my units in the army lists.
Making two army lists is hard. I have one list with 15 points it can't use and the other list that could use the 15 points.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:17 am

Both armies should be considered entirely separate in all regards, as per the 40k rulebook, unless an FAQ says otherwise. Since youre making the two lists yourself I can see how it could get fiddly, but bear in mind the system is designed for 2 people to each make a list. Eg I'm playing 1000pts of nurgle marines, and my partner, The Mysterious Man, is bringing 1000pts of as-yet Mysteriously Unconfirmed Mysterious Army of Mysterions. I can't give him points to spend cos those are plague marine points, not Mysterion points.

So, you can't move 15pts from one army to the other, and (unless an FAQ says otherwise) units from your army dont have any effect on units in your ally's army. Your reserves are worked out separately to those in your ally's army.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

skkipper
Rookie

Post by skkipper » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:34 am

it isn't really a big problem. i put in a librarian instead of another Dreadnought.
the problem is how i need to divide up the lists to maximize the amount of deepstrking Deathwing termis.

one list is azreal 2 squads of termis, 2 dreadnaughts ( both termi squads can deepstrike) azreal and dreads can start on board. with azreal attached to the termi squad in the other list that can't deepstrike
other list is belial, 1 deathwing knights, 2 squads of termis and a librarian. (belial and 2 squads can deepstike) a termi squad can be led by azreal with librarian. belial and kights and other squad can deepstrike

so i think it will work out, just fine.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:17 am

Yes, armies from the same faction are Battle Brothers, however, as M_i_J said, they do count as two separate armies for points and reserves and anything else that counts units for that matter. As I said, check the core rules first and then the FAQ's for what abilities and upgrades can be shared across allied units. I think a lot of rules DON'T apply to your allies, whilst some are limited to a certain codex. E.g. Some Dark Angels abilities only effect friendly Dark Angel units.
If you have any specific questions, please feel free to post here and I'll take a look at it. :D

Double Deathwing sounds fun though.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:39 am

What about codex unique characters... can you have two Pedro Kantors or two komander farsight on the same team? Two GazgulThrakas? Two Eldrad two Kaptin Badrukks. This seems like a really bad thing to me.....
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:What about codex unique characters... can you have two Pedro Kantors or two komander farsight on the same team? Two GazgulThrakas? Two Eldrad two Kaptin Badrukks. This seems like a really bad thing to me.....
Technically, yes it would be possible. Very strange, but possible. Because of the format of the games there are bound to be a few oddball things like this. I'm not expecting to see a lot of it though.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Anybody who doubles up on special characters is within their rights to do so. However, they should prepare themselves for HUGE amounts of accusations of cheese-mongering.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Mysterious Man
Rookie

Post by The Mysterious Man » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:15 pm

me_in_japan wrote:Anybody who doubles up on special characters is within their rights to do so. However, they should prepare themselves for HUGE amounts of accusations of cheese-mongering.

TheStenchOfBrieCamenbertAndStiltonIsStrongInSuchPeople!!
"TheWorldIsFullOfObviousThingsWhichNobodyByAnyChanceEverObserves."

Return to “NagoyaHammer 2013”