Strange Aeons

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
Seb
Champion

Re: Strange Aeons

Post by Seb » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Indeed, they would do a good job.

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:39 pm

Just got the Strange Tales expansions delivered, and with them I also got some bonus minis, a Banshee and a mad scientist. I am stunned by how fast they got here this time.

Just had a quick look through them and cant really say how excited I am about this game, the stuff in the expansions are genious!

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:06 pm

So far me and Ennui have been getting a few games of Strange Aeons on, but I would like to check with everyone else how many are there who are willing to pick up this game and get into it?

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:38 am

Preview of the latest creation.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:36 am

who's a big boy then? :D

what mini is that, btw?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:39 am

In the latest expansion,Shocking Tales #2 the main theme is expedition to the lost world.
There are lots of dinosaur/caveman type of monsers introduced, I think this is the model for the T-rex or Allosaurus that they are working on.

Darn cool model with great detail, I had 0 interest in dinosaurs but this model got me interested.

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:29 am

Seb wrote:In the latest expansion,Shocking Tales #2 the main theme is expedition to the lost world.
There are lots of dinosaur/caveman type of monsers introduced, I think this is the model for the T-rex or Allosaurus that they are working on.

Darn cool model with great detail, I had 0 interest in dinosaurs but this model got me interested.

The Lost World? Well, look no further...

http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=HA
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:42 am

Seb wrote:In the latest expansion,Shocking Tales #2 the main theme is expedition to the lost world.

0 interest? Doesn't every kid go through a dinosaur phase?
I read "The Lost World" the other day actually. (Arthur Conan Doyle NOT Michael Crinchton) A fantastic book! The classic Victorian adventure. I followed it up with an audiobook from LibriVox, "At the Earth's Core" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. A fantastic BAD book. So bad it's awesome! Seriously was tempted to get some pulp hero/lost world/prehistoric figures of some sort. Colonel Marbles has a ton of links. And Kaz has dinosaurs at his shop too!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:41 am

Konrad wrote:

0 interest? Doesn't every kid go through a dinosaur phase?
I read "The Lost World" the other day actually. (Arthur Conan Doyle NOT Michael Crinchton) A fantastic book! The classic Victorian adventure. I followed it up with an audiobook from LibriVox, "At the Earth's Core" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. A fantastic BAD book. So bad it's awesome! Seriously was tempted to get some pulp hero/lost world/prehistoric figures of some sort. Colonel Marbles has a ton of links. And Kaz has dinosaurs at his shop too!

Well, I had my dinosaur phase aswell, been many years since though. :D
I got interested in those books now that you mentioned them.

You should definitely check out Shocking Tales #2 for Strange Aeons, it is packed with everything lost world/pulp/prehistoric, the whole expansion is about a mission to the lost world and a really good campaign setting. An awesome supplement for the main game.

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”