What's hot?

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What's hot?

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Youz guyz iz missing da point kutlass haz pirates.

What the guys said about warmahords is right. It is like blood bowl in the competitive nature.

I would not hold it against you for playing it but it can't see the fun in crushing you opponent in one round where every dice roll goes your way.

I must admit that the models I do not like in the range are what put me off most.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Hhhmmm... too many very tempting options. I can see ennui's point with Malifaux. I have heard some of the crews are more powerful than others and no real team feel about the groups. I will brewed it over. I think another big point is who is playing what in my area too... It is sad and lonely here in Kuwana :cry:

I mean even Tsu's gaming group is multiple time bigger than Kuwana's (let me count them...oh, just me :shock: )

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Dungeon Lord wrote:Hhhmmm... too many very tempting options. I can see ennui's point with Malifaux. I have heard some of the crews are more powerful than others and no real team feel about the groups. I will brewed it over. I think another big point is who is playing what in my area too... It is sad and lonely here in Kuwana :cry:

I mean even Tsu's gaming group is multiple time bigger than Kuwana's (let me count them...oh, just me :shock: )
You could always come play in the big city, you don't have to stay in Kuwana ALL the time. :D

Malifaux has groups, but they dont always seem related that well. The cowboy theme of some groups seems at odds with others such as the Japanese Ghost crew.
As has been pointed out, some crews are stronger than others. One thing I like about the game is that each group has a different way to win in many cases and knowing what that is and playing the game that way is very rewarding. The problem lies in the fact that some groups really dictate how you play your own crew. (Ennui's Dreamer crew for example). Whilst they arent unbeatable, they are hard to face. The game on the whole is good and I love the system, but like any game it has its flaws.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Malifaux is great because it is a rest from dice rolling! I feel really refreshed after playing it. It is fun and not too expensive to get into. You never know what the fate cards will deal out, so it pays to keep a good count and no when to fold em' (Couldn't resist ;) )

Cutlass has a great skirmish feel and I like the combat and shooting system a lot. Again, you just never no if he'll dodge that bullet, or if the knife in the back will be enough to finally take down an uppity Imperial sailor, or if you will get to the treasure before the other guy only to find out that it is not the treasure after all, but a dud! Ah...it's great! :D

Warmachine is my next game to try, with my 25 point odd cryx on its way from ebay! :D

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Primarch wrote: You could always come play in the big city, you don't have to stay in Kuwana ALL the time. :D
I do come to the big city. I was there last month for your shin dig. Didn't ya see me? I was showing Eric's chick's who's da boss with me undead. Oh and jumping through hand drawn portals on a flaming chopper torn from out of a newspaper picture, while jousting hair bun, ruler wielding school teachers with ennui... no?? ... missed it huh? Well, just ask ennui. He'll back me up.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Dungeon Lord wrote:
Primarch wrote: You could always come play in the big city, you don't have to stay in Kuwana ALL the time. :D
I do come to the big city. I was there last month for your shin dig. Didn't ya see me? I was showing Eric's chick's who's da boss with me undead. Oh and jumping through hand drawn portals on a flaming chopper torn from out of a newspaper picture, while jousting hair bun, ruler wielding school teachers with ennui... no?? ... missed it huh? Well, just ask ennui. He'll back me up.
That was weeks ago. You cant possibly expect me to remember things like that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What I meant was that you could come to Nagoya for the events at Joshin as well. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:52 pm

ennui wrote:
Dungeon Lord wrote:
Anyway... yeah, Strange Aeons is cheap, fast, and fun! Awesome game. I just got a Gug and a new member for my Threshhold team... a teammate for my pimp. *ahem*
I second that. I'm painting a speckled poison albino vampire frog monster from beneath the croaking caverns of madness at the Earths hollow core. With extra skulls.

@DL Just buy what you like. There are enough geeks around that you'll find someone to play. We all just have to accept that we are now (dragged kicking and screaming into it) grown-ups and will realistically only be able to play it once a month if we are lucky. So, it really doesn't matter if it's "hot" or not.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:08 am

@ Konrad - You are wise me lord. Tis true. Forces are at work beyond our control. But we must FIGHT! FIGHT! I tell you :lol: :lol:

I do like the sound of Strange Aeons...

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:19 am

If you're coming tonight I can give you a quick demo if you'd like. There is a demo PDF somewhere with rules. I'll find it and link it for you when I get home.

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:29 am

ennui wrote:If you're coming tonight I can give you a quick demo if you'd like. There is a demo PDF somewhere with rules. I'll find it and link it for you when I get home.
Mondo Books right?
I would like to, but by the time I'd get up there, it's be closed. Closes at 8:00pm, doesn't it?
Is there any cheap parking up there? If I drove one night, I may be able to get there with enough time to play.

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”