Twilight Imperium

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
fox_in_japan
Rookie

Re: Twilight Imperium

Post by fox_in_japan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:29 am

Grim Fandango wrote:OH SNAPS, I realize I haven't posted in this thread yet.

I played Twilight Imperium with a group of friends back in Canada, and I love the game to death. I especially loved the Galactic Council section, when we'd usually turn it into a model Space UN and bicker viciously, then trade votes for favors and promises. So awesome.

Sometime in August sounds awesome to me. I'm going to be away during the Obon vacation, from August 13th to the 15th, and Saturday the 7th is out, but other than that should be fine. As long as I have enough notice ahead of the game... things might pop up, so securing the date early would be best.

Dibs on the Embers of Muatt. Free Warsun on turn 1, woo!
Nice to see someone else who plays and KNOWS the rules! That will make it go SO much easier when bringing in anew players. How does a tentative date of August 21 or 22 sound? I have another friend who has showed some interest in playing, so we might actually be able to get 5 or 6 players together :) .

Grim Fandango
Rookie

Post by Grim Fandango » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:52 am

Aug.21 or 22 are fine with me. I'd prefer the Sunday if possible, but either day is okay.

Where will the game be held? And do you have any of the expansion sets? Or is it just the basic set?
"You were better than normal! You were ABnormal!"

fox_in_japan
Rookie

Post by fox_in_japan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:42 am

Grim Fandango wrote:Aug.21 or 22 are fine with me. I'd prefer the Sunday if possible, but either day is okay.

Where will the game be held? And do you have any of the expansion sets? Or is it just the basic set?
I would like to have it in Kariya. There is anew civic center right next to the station, so it's really easy to get to and get home from. I'm sure I can arrange the 22, no problem. And yes, I have the Shattered Empire expansion. Twilight 3rd edition encompasses all of the expansions that were produced fro the previous two editions, so everything you are familiar with should be available.

Now we just need to track down at least two more players!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:11 pm

I can do August 22nd. Count me in.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

fox_in_japan
Rookie

Post by fox_in_japan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:21 am

Primarch wrote:I can do August 22nd. Count me in.
OK. That's three, which is the minimum. I'll book the room next week so we have it. Anyone else who wants to join in, let me know.

fox_in_japan
Rookie

Post by fox_in_japan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:31 am

OK, guys, here's the deal. August 22 is out, the rooms are all booked. The closest date I could get is August 9th. I have reserved the room for all day, but don't have to commit until August 6th. So, if you can play on the 9th, let me know by August 5th. That's next Wednesday. We need at least four people to get the game off the ground.

The only other alternative is to wait until some time in October or find another venue. Sorry for the short notice :oops: .

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:21 pm

You could play at my place (near Kanayama) sometime if you wanted, and Ian says he'd give it a try if we held it here - the main problem being that pretty much every Sunday afternoon we play rpgs here, so it would likely have to be a Saturday evening.

fox_in_japan
Rookie

Post by fox_in_japan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:58 am

The Underdweller wrote:You could play at my place (near Kanayama) sometime if you wanted, and Ian says he'd give it a try if we held it here - the main problem being that pretty much every Sunday afternoon we play rpgs here, so it would likely have to be a Saturday evening.
Thanks! That's very generous of you! I'd be willing to come up to Kanayama sometime, if anyone else wants to play.

Grim Fandango
Rookie

Post by Grim Fandango » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:56 am

If it's a Saturday, then... Aug.21st? Is that okay with everybody?
It'd be great to have more players. Makes the game much more interesting.
"You were better than normal! You were ABnormal!"

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:12 pm

The 21st in Kanayama (Nagoya) or the 6th in Kariya are both good for me.

I'm looking forward to this game, so lets make it happen.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”