Weird World War II

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
Spevna

Re: Weird World War II

Post by Spevna » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:52 am

Primarch wrote:
Tenorikuma wrote:I like the idea of alternate/fantasy WW2 themes, but those miniatures look really bad to me.

It appears that Bolt Action will have a "weird war" lineup with things like Nazi vampires.
I wouldnt count on that happening any time soon. The 'Wierd' models they currently sell were done as Halloween specials rather than as part of an ongoing range. They still have a lot of stuff they want to get done for real models and they have a long way to go with rules and what not as they will want to get all of the army books out first. Thats not to say that they wont do a Wierd World War 2 supplement in future though, but it wont be a priority. That said, the rules should be fairly adaptable, so if it was something people wanted to do.....
West Wind do a nice range of WWW2 models for their Incursion and Secrets of the Third Reich games. (The SoTR rules are rubbish though) in 28mm. Dust Tactics is another WWW2 game, though rather more science-y than the supernatural focus of SoTR. There are a lot of options for WWW2 stuff out there in 20 and 28mm, but these are the first 15mm scale models I have seen. I think for a game with werewolves and mechs and what not smaller games with larger models would be better. But thats just my opinion. :D
You are right. I'm just really keen to paint up some 15mm as ive never really tried that scale before. It would also be less of a cash sink than 28mm.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

ashmie
Wargod

Re: Weird World War II

Post by ashmie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:54 am

You are on! That would be great. The paras learn that Hitler has sent in a team of archaeologists to look for some kind if artefact. They need to swoop in and grab it. Little do they know, the Germans have a small squad of power armoured soldiers got protection.

Sounds feasible. I'll get my machine gun units finished.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”