Board Games

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
kojibear
Legend

Board Games

Post by kojibear » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:44 pm

What are some fun, easy-ish fantasy type board games that a group of players (including the Mrs :D ) can play?

I've heard of fantasy flight games and a game called Descent. Also, heard about something called Thunderstone?

Tenorikuma
Champion

Re: Board Games

Post by Tenorikuma » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Those are probably all good games, but they are more oriented to strategy and war game enthusiasts. If you want something fun casual players like your wife will enjoy, I suggest more European-style board games. Historical themes are more common, but for fantasy, check out Citadels, Small World, Shadows over Camelot, and Asara.

jus

Post by jus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 am

I recommend super dungeon explore, a delightful and entertaining dungeon crawl, where nine times out of ten your party will all die. Nevertheless an excellent board game. It's a challenging game, but lots of fun.

Talisman is the other fantasy choice that comes to mind, neither of the mentioned are very easy though.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:06 am

Revolution! (Steve Jackson Games) is fun and easy to learn - it's for 3 to 4 people, but I think there is an expansion pack so that up to 6 people can play.
I've also had non-gamer friends enjoy TSR's old Dungeon! game, if it is still around.
And Risk, of course!

Also I keep hearing great things about Settlers of Catan, but have yet to play it.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks for the wonderful ideas guys. I will look into them all and let you know what I get and if the Mrs gets into it :D Wish me luck!!!!

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:15 am

Well I picked up this one as the heroes a super strong so my wife can feel good about killing things and I have enjoyed all the books. Let me know if you want tp play at some pount :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs9t-QGw6KY

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:23 am

Cool, count me in.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Could I recommend team games, like Pandemic (a little difficult) or Red November (a game where you save your sinking sub as a team or just save your hide).

Small World is a good game, too.

Anyway, good choice with the D&D game. I've never played it but for a fantasy buff I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Bump me if you need an extra player.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Descent is a ringer. This game is so much fun, but it's better with a group. The more (up to 4) the better.

If you want something light, but competitive, try Super Dungeon Explore. Great game and very much fun.

Blood Bowl is always a winner.

I hear Zombiecide is a lot of fun as well.
Play like you got a Pair!!

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”