Best miniatures

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Best miniatures

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:14 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Admiral-Badruck wrote:

I have never heard of any one picking up war machine for the look of the models.
I did.
Really for the models not for the game? Not for the model count?
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Dungeon Lord wrote:
Admiral-Badruck wrote:Model wise it must go to 40k there is hardly a model or concept that I don't like add in the fact the forge world models are part of 40k and it crushes the competition..

I have never heard of any one picking up war machine for the look of the models.
I didn't think the Warmachine minis were much to write home about at first but they are quite fun to paint and are actually very detailed with crisp lines. The poses are fairly simple and I would like to see a little more "aliveness". But they look good with a proper paint job and basing.

Forge world does make some gorgeous stuff. I have only painted a few of their stuff and it was good. The details were good and the overall "aliveness" was great, but the casts were also brittle and sometimes had bubbles.
Indeed, warmachine and hordes are a bit hit and miss, but still there are most definitely some models that are quite cool - at least for me.

Here are some I like:

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:16 am

Yeah. It is confusing how some minis from the same company can be awesome with lots of character and detail while others are just plan.

Good choices!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:15 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:
Admiral-Badruck wrote:

I did.
Really for the models not for the game? Not for the model count?
Yes, really. I play to paint, not the other way around. If I don't like the minis, I ain't playing it.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:26 am

Just been looking at some Tales of War minis on my phone through Wayland Games and I have to say that they have some great minis. It was a bit hard to see everything, i would have to say that there were a lot of good sculpts there.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:23 am

The game of thrones minis looked quite good. Also the lotr strategy game.

Overall I think Citadel get my vote for 40k new sculpts in the past 2 years. 40k also has Forge World on its side. I want the new Baal predator but its 40 quid.

Close behind citadel my vote would go to Perrys miniatures or Foundary for historical.
Warlord are good if you don't mind masses of roughly the same looking model. Victrix are also good.
Percy pig Dorset for Flames of War.
I don't rate battlefront minis even though they are the staple and I use them. Their tanks are great.

Other minis, Bob Murch pulp minis and Reaper are good for RPGs
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”