The Greatest Monsterpocalypse Player in Japan!

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
Danguinius
Veteran

The Greatest Monsterpocalypse Player in Japan!

Post by Danguinius » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 am

For those of you who have played it, you know Monsterpocalypse ("Monpoc") is the greatest board game since Blood Bowl. It has a huge following west of Osaka with probably about 25 players in the Matsue/Fukuyama/Hiroshima area alone (far more Monpoc players than 40K players, for example).

I and some other Monpoc players weretalking about a "tourney" to decide who the greatest Monpoc player in Japan was. This came after Orca Factory had their Japan-national Monpoc campaign last fall (but that rewarded players for total wins, so players who got the most games in, won...not the best way to determine a champ). We decided to hold several regional contests over the next few months. For example, the Shimane (Matsue, Yonago, etc.) tourney will be determined during Golden Week. The Hiroshima (Hiroshima, Fukuyama, Iwakuni) champ will probably be decided in June. Then, at a later date, we`ll somehow bracket these regional champions into match-ups to determine The Greatest Monpoc Player in Japan!!!! If you and your wargaming group play Monpoc (and really,you should...you live in Japan and it`s a game about kaiju doing pro-wrestling moves on each other into buldings like Tokyo Tower :lol: What`s not to love? ) , have some battles and determine your regional champ.

I was a proponent of using all of the faction monsters (i.e. You can`t use the same monster again until you`ve used them all, no using the same monster over and over) - but this might be a bit of a problem for some newer players, so we decided on the following:

One faction (no "spashing" units from other factions. no changing factions)
You can use different monsters for each of your battles, but you don`t have to.
And, it doesn`t seem to be a rule, but each meta seems to be trying NOT to repeat factions (i.e. one G.U.A.R.D. player, one Cthul player, one Apes player, etc.)

To all those who want to participate, good luck in your battles. Let mayhem and destruction reign!

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”