Blood Rage

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Blood Rage

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:03 pm

I was wondering a bit about this. If you haven't heard, Blood Rage is a new game (board game, I believe) about to be kickstarter by Coolminiornot. So far, so so. But...

Art and concepts by Adrian Smith
Sculpts by a whole slew of name-droppy sculptors
General handling by Studio McVey
Game design by the bloke that designed Zombicide
Viking themed game involving trolls and hairy Viking chaps

I'm wondering how this could be anything other than awesome good, but I'm also wondering if it would be a complete waste p money as I don't have anything like enough time to play the games I already own, much less a new one. Plus, the raging heroes second KS is due to launch in a month or so, and I wants me some o their dark Eldar.

So, what do folks think of Blood Rage. Interesting or meh?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Lovejoy
Legend

Re: Blood Rage

Post by Lovejoy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:24 pm

It looks quite attractive, the troll sculpt on the site is very beardy and nordic, which I approve..the art concepts are viking 'inspired' rather than historical (valkyrie-type women in sub zero environments wearing leather thongs, blokes with goatees and mohawks). Not that that matters. Reminds me of Icewind Dale, which is not a bad thing at all, and clearly it's pushed the right buttons for you. I find if something enters my head as a purchase idea I invariably end up having to give in to the impulse, so if it were me I would get on board, enjoy it and try to fit it into my life.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Konrad
Wargod

Re: Blood Rage

Post by Konrad » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Oh, oh, those are purty, purty figures. One of my back burner ideas is to do some sort of Hyperborean skirmishy thing. By Odin and Crom!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”