Frostgrave

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
Lovejoy
Legend

Frostgrave

Post by Lovejoy » Tue May 12, 2015 11:38 am

The Frostgrave Nickstarter, something I've been checking up on, is available for pre-order. There are five levels. And it's post free.

http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=195&page=1

Rules wise, I think that this genre is already fairly well catered for, what with Mordheim and Prim's game,
but how about those minis? Certainly right up my alley.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Frostgrave

Post by Primarch » Tue May 12, 2015 12:56 pm

So... will this be like all the other games Northstar provides minis for? By which I mean just do a handful of starter sets and then never releases anything for it ever again leaving the player with the problem of trying to find minis that fit the hundreds of possibilities given in the rulebook.

Not that I have any personal bias in this type of game. :D

Seriously though, I own 4 of the Osprey games/books and Northstar has done very little to support them beyond the initial cash grab of starter sets. The minis all look great, so I'd love to see more support for the ranges.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Tue May 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Yep, it could be that way. The minis for Ronin, Seven Seas, Majesty's Name, and that Kung Fu whatjimacallit are great looking, but nothing new has materialised after their initial releases as you say. I don't mind that personally, as the sets they provide probably have a lot of utility, and other ranges often cover what isn't in there.
I see though that they have special plastics for this, a novella, and an expansion coming in November, so perhaps they're going to try a little more concertedly?

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Tue May 12, 2015 10:59 pm

Nice minis!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:54 am

For anyone interested, they provided basic costs for people who want to start building a war and before the game is released;

http://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.jp/ ... d.html?m=1
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:38 am

Well spotted that man. I've read the blog's previous entries but hadn't seen that entry about point values. I like the look of it (just reading the titles of the hirelings, thief, barbarian, apothecary, hunter, marksman, is getting me all excited). Only downside for me is the mention in the comments section that you don't seem to be able to upgrade your characters in the true sense, but to simulate that, you can replace a character with a better soldier and keep the same name. Great.. :? It's a little point, but for me that's a bit of a shame.

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”