So what's this "Frozen Gravy" thing all about then?

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: So what's this "Frozen Gravy" thing all about then?

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:15 pm

No. The non-wizards all come as-standard. You can't change out equipment. As YStreak says, the only equipment you can move is the magical ones you may or may not roll up post-game, and those are limited to one per soldier. I think it's important to differentiate Frostgrave in your mind from something like Necromunda or what have you. It's not really a gang skirmish game. It's a wizard battle where both wizards have brought some disposable minions along to soak up hits and carry the heavy stuff around. The spells are sufficiently significant in-game that a Necromancer warband would differ from an Elementalist warband because the Necromancer would have a summoned zombie to carry stuff and the Elementalist would be shooting fireballs everywhere. (In fact, either wizard could cast either spell, but the Necromancer would need a bloody good roll to shoot off that fireball, while the Elementalist would need an equally high roll to summon that zombie.)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:52 pm

me_in_japan wrote:I think it's important to differentiate Frostgrave in your mind from something like Necromunda or what have you. It's not really a gang skirmish game. It's a wizard battle where both wizards have brought some disposable minions along to soak up hits and carry the heavy stuff around.
Ah, I got it! I was thinking it was some dumbed-down version of Mordheim or something. That makes a lot more sense now.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:52 am

Primarch wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:I think it's important to differentiate Frostgrave in your mind from something like Necromunda or what have you. It's not really a gang skirmish game. It's a wizard battle where both wizards have brought some disposable minions along to soak up hits and carry the heavy stuff around.
Ah, I got it! I was thinking it was some dumbed-down version of Mordheim or something. That makes a lot more sense now.
MIJ sums it up perfectly again. It really does have a different play and feel than Mordheim or your most excellent HOR.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”