New plastics from Northstar/Frost Grave

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

New plastics from Northstar/Frost Grave

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:38 pm

Ok, so they're not for Frost Grave, but it's spin off Ghost Archipelago, but I think they are pretty cool.
Multi-part plastic Tribal warriors!

I don't need them, but I want them. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: New plastics from Northstar/Frost Grave

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:19 pm

These are nice sculpts, and honestly I think it can only be good thing to have more and more multi-part plastic kits. I may not need them now, but who knows what the heck I'll be collecting 5 years from now? A bunch of savages may be just what I need!

*edit* they do have built-in bases though. *narrows eyes suspiciously* As someone who enjoys basing minis, those are the devil's own work, I tells yer.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:30 pm

me_in_japan wrote:*edit* they do have built-in bases though. *narrows eyes suspiciously* As someone who enjoys basing minis, those are the devil's own work, I tells yer.
I hear you. Sadly it is the way things are done by a lot of companies. If you're just using sand and flock you can obscure them somewhat, but if you're using fancy ready made bases they're a right pain. (I imagine. I only use cheapo plain plastic/mdf bases).
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:01 pm

aye, indeed. That said, not to knock these minis, but they're not display level fiddly devils anyway, and I daresay if I (or anyone else) was painting em up, the details of their bases would be largely fudgeable anyway.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:05 am

me_in_japan wrote:These are nice sculpts, and honestly I think it can only be good thing to have more and more multi-part plastic kits. I may not need them now, but who knows what the heck I'll be collecting 5 years from now? A bunch of savages may be just what I need!

*edit* they do have built-in bases though. *narrows eyes suspiciously* As someone who enjoys basing minis, those are the devil's own work, I tells yer.
Yeah never a fan of the moulded-on base...

Nice figs though. Will have to restrain myself from buying them though as i'm about to buy a bunch of Samurai and have no immediate use for them anyway...
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”