One Page Rules (Now in Japanese)

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.
Karantu
Champion

One Page Rules (Now in Japanese)

Post by Karantu » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:19 pm

I've been looking to try out OPR for a while now but have been put off by its oversimplification when it comes to making armies feel unique, but since GW has been acting up again I decided to look into it a bit more. With that said playing it in Japan isn't as easy since there haven't been any Japanese translations and thus doesn't seem to be that popular here. Fortunately, someone has finally decided to get around to translating the rules for OPR: Grimdark Future so here they are for anyone who's interested in sharing them with their gaming buddies here. It's an early iteration of the translation so there might be some issues. If there are any, feel free to post them here. I'll also try and keep the link updated.

Edit - 2022/02/19 - Here are the army list translations.
Last edited by Karantu on Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: One Page Rules (Now in Japanese)

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:48 am

I'm still happy with 9E, but I'd be happy to give OPR a shot with the minis I had with me anyway at some game day, if you're in need of an opponent.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:53 am

I've always wanted to give these a go too. One of these days.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:09 am

I have yet to play any proper games with both the 9th edition Ork and Tau codexes. At this rate the CSM codex will be out too.
Hopefully things get back to normal relatively soon so we can get more games in. I'd like to play OPR in the near future too, I'm just tired of buying GW's books.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Karantu wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:09 am
I'm just tired of buying GW's books.
Don't worry, they'll be out of date soon enough. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:14 am

Primarch wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:55 pm
Karantu wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:09 am
I'm just tired of buying GW's books.
Don't worry, they'll be out of date soon enough. :lol:
Don't even get me started on how their attempt to go digital was instead a huge step backwards instead since you need to buy a physical codex to get a code to use in their app and that doesn't even contain the complete contents of the codex... Also, the Tau codex is still not out in Japan and its been around 3 weeks or so. All these problems and more which could be fixed by selling eBooks (again).

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:44 am

I've been playing 1p40k for a while now, and I can confirm that what it lacks in granularity it makes up for in speed and ease of play. I'm considering joining their patreon, actually, and that'll give me access to the points builder, wherein you can just choose from a grab bag of stats/rules and build your own unit as you need, and it'll spit out a points value.

I'm playing a game of 1p40k this weekend with my corsairs (which will basically be using the elf fleet rules, but if I wanted to add some dark eldar stuff in too, I could). The only real fudge I've had to do is call hornets heavy jetbikes, because they're not as big as actual tanks but are bigger than jetbikes. I was considering using dark eldar ravagers rules (the heavy gunboats from their dark eldar list), and I may do that next time. The point is, with a little creative thinking and a willing opponent, you can crowbar most anything into a list.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:47 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:44 am
I've been playing 1p40k for a while now, and I can confirm that what it lacks in granularity it makes up for in speed and ease of play. I'm considering joining their patreon, actually, and that'll give me access to the points builder, wherein you can just choose from a grab bag of stats/rules and build your own unit as you need, and it'll spit out a points value.

I'm playing a game of 1p40k this weekend with my corsairs (which will basically be using the elf fleet rules, but if I wanted to add some dark eldar stuff in too, I could). The only real fudge I've had to do is call hornets heavy jetbikes, because they're not as big as actual tanks but are bigger than jetbikes. I was considering using dark eldar ravagers rules (the heavy gunboats from their dark eldar list), and I may do that next time. The point is, with a little creative thinking and a willing opponent, you can crowbar most anything into a list.
I love the customizability the system offers since it rewards creativity in form of kit-bashing and conversions. Also it manages to remain pretty backwards compatible with older models.

So far I've only gone through the basic rules since it being free and accessible is the main draw (and what I'm trying to promote with my translations), but I'd like to take a look at the advanced rules some time too. Other than the missions (which are easy enough to rip-off of 40k), do the advanced rules add significantly to the game? The custom unit builder sounds fun for sure too, especially with random kit-bashed units.

Return to “Other Games - 他のゲーム”