Day 1 - Bolt Action - Axis and Allies

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Day 1 - Bolt Action - Axis and Allies

Post by Primarch » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:18 am

In addition to the regular games of 40K, I will be preparing a few tables for games of Bolt Action. Players are free to mix and match games of BA and 40K (and anything else that is going on for that matter). Ideally this would work best if we could get even numbers of players, but I would like to pair opponents up based on historical lines. e.g. US vs. Germans, not US vs. British.

Games will be 750 points as this should allow players who aren't very familiar with the rules to have plenty of time for games and isn't too imposing for getting an army painted.

Players will need a 750 point list picked from either the core rulebook or one of the 'Armies of ....' supplements. (please be aware of the typos in the core rulebook. Check here for errata and FAQs.) If using one of the supplement rulebooks, you are free to use any of the Theatre Selectors as you see fit. Bear in mind that if you bring an early war list and your opponent brings a late war list then the games might not be 100% balanced. (Those German 88's are going to make a big dent in your Tankettes).
Forces picked from a British and Commonwealth, United States, Soviet Union or France and the Allies list will be on the Allied side. Forces picked from a Germany, Imperial Japan or Italy and the Axis will be on the Axis side.
No Armoured Platoons.
No Heavy or Super-Heavy tanks please. It will be VERY difficult for anyone with an early list to kill them. That said, everyone should probably bring some form of Anti-tank weaponry. This is about playing fun games not running Tiger 2's over Polish cavalry.
If you have an army with a variable national ability (such as the Armies of Great Britain), please use the same ability all day.

Players will need all of the usual assortment of dice and measures etc. Players will need to provide their own Order Dice and have something that they can use as Pin Markers (counters, chits, different coloured dice etc). Army lists should be available for your opponents to read, so please make sure they are clear and legible. No shorthand.

Models should, ideally, be painted (because it looks nicer that way) and it should be easy to determine what equipment each model has. E.g. Using a Panzer IV Ausf A as a Panzer IV Ausf B is fine. Using a Carden Lloyd as a Churchill probably isn't. :D If you are using anything as a Counts As or proxy, it is your responsibility to make sure your opponent is aware of it at all times. Miniatures from any manufacturer are fine so long as they are WW2 figures of an appropriate scale (28mm - 1/48 being about right depending on taste). Before anyone asks Dust Tactics infantry are ok, (except the Gorillas/Zombies/Jet Pack Troops), but no Walkers or Helicopters please.

As always, feedback and comments below please.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Day 1 - Bolt Action - Axis and Allies

Post by Primarch » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:13 am

Hmm, not a lot of action in this thread so far.

I've been thinking over some lists for this event and I figure that I can probably loan out an army or two should anyone want to borrow one. If you want to play, you can, but it is your own responsibility to learn the rules beforehand. I am quite happy to run a couple of demo games at Joshin over the next couple of months if people want me to.

So far, I have the following armies available to borrow:
German Army (all regular troops unless noted otherwise)
2nd Lt. + 1 assistant
8 Grenadiers with LMG, SMG, and a Panzerfaust
8 Grenadiers with LMG, SMG, and a Panzerfaust
5 Veteran Grenadiers with SMG and 4 Assault Rifles
Flame Thrower Team
Medium Mortar Team
Medium Machine Gun Team
Panzer IV-J Medium Tank.

Russian Army (all inexperienced troops unless marked otherwise)
1st Lt. + 1 assistant
12 Men with Anti-Tank Grenades
11 Men with LMG, 10 SMGs
12 Men with LMG, SMG
Anti-Tank Rifle Team
Anti-Tank Rifle Team
Regular Sniper Team
Heavy Mortar Team
BA-64 Armoured Car
Medium Machine Gun Team
6 Partisans with LMG, SMG
T34/75 Medium Tank

Depending on how much painting I can do over the next couple of months, there may be American and Waffen-SS armies available to borrow as well.
I do have other units available for both my Russians and Germans, so if there is anything you want to borrow for your own list, let me know.

In the interest of openness and giving feedback, feel free to post your lists below. I would recommend everyone takes at least a couple of heavy weapons (Mortars, Flame Throwers, Howitzers, AT Guns, etc), so that you have something that can throw pin markers onto tanks and armoured cars.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Friday 2nd May is in the middle of my GW holiday. Although the new arrival means we most likely won't be travelling, I'm likely to be let off the the leash for Bolt Action.

Depending on what others plan to bring, I am thinking of preparing 750 pts of either Brit Paras for the Allies, or Fallschirmjager for Axis - basically one of my unpainted forces, as a painting motivation. Of course, I can always bring the Home Guard at 750 in any event.

I'll post a list later. How about other Bolt Actioners?
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:50 pm

I'll be painting up a German grenadier force. I won't be using any tanks but instead a recce vehicle. Seeing the tanks in Prim's lists has me worried I don't have the AT to take on such things, so I might revisit the list a bit. Otherwise, I am looking forward to this event.

2nd Edition
2nd Liutenant + assistant
Grenadier squad (8) LMG, 2 SMGs, panzerfaust
Grenadier squad (8) LMG, 2 SMGs, panzerfaust
Grenadier squad (7), 2 SMG, 2 panzerfaust
Panzershrek team
Flamethrower team
MMG team
8cm Medium Mortar team
3.7cm Light Howitzer team
Sdkfz 250/9
Last edited by job on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:09 pm

This is the platoon and reserves I have primed and ready to be painted:

Red Devils British Airborne

2nd Lieutenant + one man
NCO + 8 men - 3 SMGs, LMG
NCO + 8 men - 3 SMGs, LMG
Vickers MMG Team
Airborne 75mm Pack Howitzer
Sniper Team
Jeep HMG
Free forward observer + one man

+ Polish Airborne Reinforcements - Like to get up close and personal

NCO + 8 men - 5 SMGs, Anti Tank grenades

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Here is the Late War Fallschirmjager list I'm hoping to have ready.

All units veteran.

2nd Lt, extra man
Pioneers, 8 men, 6 SMG, Flamethrower, 2 Panzerfaust (Assault role)
8 men, 4 Assault Rifles, 2xLMG, 1 panzerfaust (Support role)
8 men, 8 Assault Rifles, 2 panzerfaust (Counter attack)
Medium Mortar
MMG
Sniper team

What's there is nasty admittedly, but since vets are so costly I have to make up for the fact that there is no armour or any vehicles. And only 7 dice.. On second thought I may have to re-jig.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

jehan-reznor
Champion

Post by jehan-reznor » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:57 am

I will take my Russians with me , i have 3 tanks a KV2, a t34/85 and a JS2 don't know how much points in infantry i have, i have a few 1/48 scale russians and old metal 25mm (i think) which i used for the game Stalingrad.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:06 am

@: J-R: Look forward to seeing your Russians, but just a reminder, Prim has asked people not to bring any heavy or Super-heavy tanks like JS-2s. Cheers.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

jehan-reznor
Champion

Post by jehan-reznor » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:55 pm

job wrote:@: J-R: Look forward to seeing your Russians, but just a reminder, Prim has asked people not to bring any heavy or Super-heavy tanks like JS-2s. Cheers.
All the Russian tanks are heavy ;) otherwise i will take them as scenery

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:23 am

I'll be there with my Maoris. Haven't quite sorted out a list yet.
Morituri nolumus mori!

Return to “NagoyaHammer 2014”