THANK YOU!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

THANK YOU!

Post by Primarch » Sat May 03, 2014 12:52 pm

Well, NagoyaHammer 2014 is done and dusted, so I'd like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to everyone who attended and made it such a great event. Bolt Action had 10 players throughout the day and hopefully a convert or two to the system. 40K had 11 players with ad hoc tag teams and lone wolves battling it out all day.
In the end, the Allies won the Bolt Action games and the Xenos faction (aided by some of the disbanded Anarchists) claimed victory in 40K.

As for NagoyaHammer2015, watch this space....
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

YellowStreak
Legend

Re: THANK YOU!

Post by YellowStreak » Sat May 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Thank you for organizing the day, and thanks to my various opponents and my fellow Team Imperium players!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Sat May 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Thank you for organizing the gaming, and especially for letting me borrow the space marine armies to play! I'm still deciding on what army to buy up for myself (if I get into 40k at all), but expect me to constantly ask about painting / conversion tips in the coming months.

-The new guy who crashed the party
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat May 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Big Thanks to Primarch for organizing an amazing event! Between all the Bolt Action, 40k, drinking and talking, NagHam is a real experience. I really hope the banner can be carried into the future, even if the format has to be changed.

Thanks to all my opponents: Konrad, MiJ and Komura-san! You were all gracious gamers and brought your A-games. You also put up with me, so thanks again. :D

Also thanks to my teammates: MtP and Primarch. There were memories and glories in all the games.

As for everyone else, it was good seeing you all there and in force. I look forward to seeing you again.

@ Dekana: I hope to see you around, maybe across the table. Thanks for joining!

Edit: I forgot to write thanks to my BA opponents! Lovejoy, Satoru and Kojibear. It was a lot of fun!
Last edited by job on Sat May 03, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sat May 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Cheers everybody, especially to Prim for organising everything. What a great time I had! I was only present for Bolt Action on day 1, but was surprised that we had so many gamers- almost as many it seems as in Day 2 for the main 40k event.

Thanks to my 2 Bolt Action opponents, Job then Prim, both bringing the might of ze Reich to bear on my hapless Home Guard, not hapless particularly as it turned out, as I got a win and a draw. Some luck helped me along, but still, Well done Mainwairing and the Walmington-on-Sea platoon. I may summarise what I remember when time allows. They were great, cinematic games though, with Corporal Jonesy bayoneting his way through the Bosch.

A third and final game seemed a bridge too far for me, as baby rearing induced lack of sleep had taken its toll by this time. I checked out the other games instead of playing one more and really enjoyed seeing what was developing.

Finally, it was nice to meet new people and put names to faces, even online ones. Look forward to meeting you all again in future. What a great bunch we have here in Nagoya, eh?

Also, I promise Komura-san, I will play your Italians soon! I'm looking forward to it!
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat May 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Many many thanks to my opponents on the day, and especially to Primarch. It's a huge, huge hassle organising an event like Naghammer, and the fact that Prim does it year after year says a lot about the kind of person he is, despite his grumpy northerner exterior :D A low bow of deepest gratitude to you, my good sir 8-)

Although I couldn't attend the Friday (razzin frazzin work) I really enjoyed talking to folks at the izakaya and I had 3 great games of 40k on the Saturday. My corsairs had mixed results on their first ever painted outing, losing their first game to YellowStreak's nuns wi guns. The second game I was paired with Konrad's marvellous orks, and we were up against Prim's Astral Claws and Job's CSM. Konrad and I squeaked a win, but it was darn close. My last game was against J-R's kitty marines and Dakana's borrowed Crimson fists (welcome to the forums, by the way!). Thanks to some very bad rolling on their part (seriously? Four 1s out of 4 dice?!?!?) and their hellkittyturkey not turning up, I was able to (sadly) steamroller a win. Those piratey pirates can spew out an obscene amount of dakka at 2000pts level. My apologies for such a heavy handed win. I hope it doesn't put you off future games of 40k. :oops:

Despite my last game, Naghammer 2014 was a great event. Here's to Naghammer 2015!
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sun May 04, 2014 1:39 am

Thank you first of all to the event orgainiser, Primarch. Know your efforts, patience, enthusiasm, and consideration for others is very much respected. :) Thank you sir.

Thanks to all my opponents on both days. Fun games that were almost all down to the wire - the best kind.

The 'event' feel, rather than the 'tourney' feel, combined with the good cheer of the players provided the perfect environment where everyone from veterans to crashers ;) , could enjoy the day.

It was great to see those who I haven't seen in a long time and talk the geek talk :geek:, and catch up. Those who could not attend, I hope to see you all soon.

Look forward to more events with you all in the years to come :D

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun May 04, 2014 2:00 am

Ladies, gentlemen, bugs, and freaks be you purple or pointy eared, a great bash. Can we thank Prim enough for running the show? I think not. Also, thanks for the sweet deals on the battlemats and bits.
You know it's a good day of gaming when you laugh as hard while losing as you do while winning, and I did my fair share of the former. :mrgreen:
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Sun May 04, 2014 3:47 am

Nagoyahammer was an outrage!!!!!!!!11111

I'm sure I was deprived of my just victory by the underhanded tactics of my opponents (and nothing to do with my lack of skill :roll: )

Nick and his yellow bugs using that dishonest tactic of having 3+ save in his big bugs. I'm disappointed at you Nick, if 5+ is good enough for IG so it should be for you.
What to say about Tanya... Ma'am you are a horrible person. Your sneaky hive tactics of huddling and crying behind cover in a corner are unbecoming of a proper Hive Mind. I expect redress next time we meet.
And the worst of the lot. A certain Mike the Pike, daring to hold my objectives and not kill my troops fast enough to recicle them... next time Mike... there will be blood and grenades, lots of grenades now that I found that I can throw grenades inside a building when assaulting :twisted:

Thanks also to Komura and Justin, pity we were too few to stem the tide of the unfaithful and xenos. To Prim for making it possible to play 40K at Nagoya one more year and all others for making the trip and the laughs. Hopefully I'll see you all again next year.

M.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun May 04, 2014 3:52 am

Yes, thanks for all of your hard work in setting this up, Prim, and everyone for the games.

I really liked the way the 40K event was set up this year - not that tournaments aren't fun, but I enjoyed just hanging out and playing some relaxing games with people. Hopefully we can have more like that in the future!

Return to “NagoyaHammer 2014”