Painting contest - Rants and raves thread

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Re: Painting contest?

Post by Mike the Pike » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:56 am

Any comments, please post 'em here.

@Konrad: Why wouldn't I be entering? It's not as though this is Golden Daemon or Crystal Brush.
Are you afraid of my mad painting skills? :D I mean, I entered a category at the last GW Japan Golden Daemons that only had four entries and still couldn't manage to place.
Or perhaps you doubt my maths skillz. To put your mind at ease, I will even wear sandals on the day, just in case anyone gets more than ten votes ;)
Morituri nolumus mori!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:42 am

I like it.

Will one person be able to win more than one category? If so, then you may want to enter M_i_J onto your certificate templates to save time. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:54 am

As there is no cash involved, that Scottish git is welcome to win as many categories as he likes :lol:

I think the rest of us will be happy to get how ever many votes we can.
Last edited by Mike the Pike on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Posting whilst slightly tipsy is inadvisable
Morituri nolumus mori!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:16 am

Mike the Pike wrote:As there is no cash, involved that Scottish git is welcome to win as many categories as he likes :lol:

I think the rest of us will be happy to get how ever many votes we can.
Given that I have managed exactly 0 since NagoyaHammer began hosting painting events, I'll be happy with one. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:33 am

Well since MiJ can't vote for himself, someone else will get at least one vote. :)
Morituri nolumus mori!

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:21 am

Great :mrgreen:
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:54 pm

@all : thrrrrsssssspt. Just to prove you all wrong I shall bring my crappest paint jobs, circa 1990. :roll: Yeesh. I claw about an hour a night painting time outta my day, and that is in no way conducive to good paint jobs. Mediocre is my target these days, so do not be expecting anything fancy like.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:10 am

@ mij : When you put it that way. :? ... :mrgreen: Us rubbish painters :? that work hours a day painting and sculpting and doing all we can to get something that looks good put together show up and then get skunked :oops: by your less than 100% work. :lol: :cry:

Your political aptitude astounds me mate. ;) :ugeek:

FYI no one wants to beat your worst work... Your best work for better or for worse is the mesure of excellentce 8-)

@ the rest of you lot better bring your a game.
I have been working night and day until 5 am some days. To get as many categories done as I can. Throw enough spaghetti against the wall hope some of it sticks. :mrgreen:

Kenya is also bringing her A game so be prepared.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:26 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:@ mij : When you put it that way. :? ... :mrgreen: Us rubbish painters :? that work hours a day painting and sculpting and doing all we can to get something that looks good put together show up and then get skunked :oops: by your less than 100% work. :lol: :cry:

Your political aptitude astounds me mate. ;) :ugeek:

FYI no one wants to beat your worst work... Your best work for better or for worse is the mesure of excellentce 8-)

@ the rest of you lot better bring your a game.
I have been working night and day until 5 am some days. To get as many categories done as I can. Throw enough spaghetti against the wall hope some of it sticks. :mrgreen:

Kenya is also bringing her A game so be prepared.
Haha :lol: you are breaking Homer Simpson's words of wisdom: Trying is the first step to failure. I'm going in order to lose. :mrgreen:

And I'll enjoy what you guys all put together regardless of where you think your painting skill resides. :)
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Re: Painting contest - Rants and raves thread

Post by Mike the Pike » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:24 am

I split this thread up and moved the rules and details to a dedicated sticky. Let's keep this thread for comments, rants, raves and smack talk.
Cheers
MtP
Morituri nolumus mori!

Return to “NH2015”