Necro-demo-munda

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Necro-demo-munda

Post by job » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:50 am

Fine enough. I will just say that much of the list is based on the Fanatics list, but there are a few things that look like it takes additional liberties with the rules. In addition I don't know where those rules came from and if it was even GW produced. So, in a nut shell, I agree it could be unbalancing.

[Edit after considering "Quick and Easy"]
Last edited by job on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:34 pm

@ Konrad: I read your ideas in the Quick and Dirty rules you wrote up. I like the idea of using Redemptionist rules for Cultists. After all the Chaos cults are kind of foils for the Imperial cult, and probably some Imperial cults secretly worship Chaos and so on. But I would suggest two small changes to their rules to reflect their hatred of the Imperium.

Under 'Redeem', I would replace "Wyrd, Ratskin Shaman or scavvy gang member" with "Redemptionist gang member". Also "Redeem" should be replaced with the word "Corrupt".

Under 'Inspire Hatred', I would replace "Wyrds, Raskin Shaman, and scavvy gang members" with "Redemptionist gang member".

Essentially the first rule would expand the ability to "corrupt" to recruiting other low-lives, while the second rule would be narrowed to only those who profess the Imperial creed.

Everything else kind of works out on the roster sheet. I figure there are probably secret Hive planet elites who secretly funnel weapons and equipment to cults. Also an evisterator is essentially a giant chainsaw. And I'm sure there are plenty of arsonists in a chaos cult. No trouble getting somebody to jerry-rig a flamer.

What do you think?
Last edited by job on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Looking over the Necromunda fluff, kindly loaned from Konrad. Excellent fun, keen to get stuck in!
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:09 pm

job wrote:@ Konrad: I read your ideas in the Quick and Dirty rules you wrote up. I like the idea of using Redemptionist rules for Cultists. After all the Chaos cults are kind of foils for the Imperial cult, and probably some Imperial cults secretly worship Chaos and so on. But I would suggest two small changes to their rules to reflect their hatred of the Imperium.

Under 'Redeem', I would replace "Wyrd, Ratskin Shaman or scavvy gang member" with "Redemptionist gang member". Also "Redeem" should be replaced with the word "Corrupt".

Under 'Inspire Hatred', I would replace "Wyrds, Raskin Shaman, and scavvy gang members" with "Redemptionist gang member".

Essentially the first rule would expand the ability to "corrupt" to recruiting other low-lives, while the second rule would be narrowed to only those who profess the Imperial creed.

Everything else kind of works out on the roster sheet. I figure there are probably secret Hive planet elites who secretly funnel weapons and equipment to cults. Also an evisterator is essentially a giant chainsaw. And I'm sure there are plenty of arsonists in a chaos cult. No trouble getting somebody to jerry-rig a flamer.

What do you think?
Hey, haters gotta hate who the gotta hate. I say "Potato" you say "Potahto". I say "Redeem" you say "Corrupt". Works out to pretty much the same in the end. No problem here.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:28 am

Konrad wrote:
job wrote:@ Konrad: I read your ideas in the Quick and Dirty rules you wrote up. I like the idea of using Redemptionist rules for Cultists. After all the Chaos cults are kind of foils for the Imperial cult, and probably some Imperial cults secretly worship Chaos and so on. But I would suggest two small changes to their rules to reflect their hatred of the Imperium.

What do you think?
Hey, haters gotta hate who the gotta hate. I say "Potato" you say "Potahto". I say "Redeem" you say "Corrupt". Works out to pretty much the same in the end. No problem here.
No I say "potato" :D but I am jazzed about Necromunda. I suppose the list should be called the "Corrupters" or the "The Lost and the Damned".
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:11 am

I just edited and tidied up the Xenos rules. If you are interested they are here.
http://gaming.yaktribe.org/community/va ... gs-v3.634/
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Fri May 08, 2015 11:02 pm

Konrad wrote: It does look like it was "official". Probably published in an issue of Gang War or Citadel Journal.
Both of which would publish any old nonsense that someone sent in. "Official", but a fine example of why relying on "official" rules is a fool's game. :)

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun May 10, 2015 11:36 pm

AndrewGPaul wrote:
Konrad wrote: It does look like it was "official". Probably published in an issue of Gang War or Citadel Journal.
Both of which would publish any old nonsense that someone sent in. "Official", but a fine example of why relying on "official" rules is a fool's game. :)
True, true. We (I at least) did have a much higher tolerance for nonsense back in the old days, a benefit of youth and lack of forums to dissect and debate rules on. I don't think it was until the Outlanders book came out that we were like, "Whoa! This Caravan scenario is nuts! And come to think of it, you know Techno skills are like waaaay more useful that Muscle...."
Cervantes, Don Quixote

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Tue May 12, 2015 8:18 am

Came across this last night - some nice figs here: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/gangwar?s=0
and a review of them: http://theback40k.blogspot.jp/2014/12/3 ... mpete.html
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed May 13, 2015 7:14 am

YellowStreak wrote:Came across this last night - some nice figs here: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/gangwar?s=0
and a review of them: http://theback40k.blogspot.jp/2014/12/3 ... mpete.html
I saw those a year or two ago. The quality seems to be much improved. From the review Shapeways material looks like a pita to work with though. I think we are looking at the future of mini-production. 5-10 years from now, there will be a hundred geek-print mini companies. In 15 they'll be printing them with CMON quality color. In 30 they'll move and fight for themselves. In 40, I suppose they take over the world's nuclear arsenal and wipe us out.
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “NH2015”