Necro-demo-munda

Konrad
Wargod

Necro-demo-munda

Post by Konrad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:02 am

I put this up in the general Demo thread, but figure I ought to make a separate thread for it.

"Anyone interested in a little Necromunda or Gorkamorka?

Recently, the Outlanders Rules have been edited and tweaked the same as the original rules by the Community Edition folks. Nice, nice stuff. Ratskin Renegades, Redemptionists, Skavies, Spyrers, they are all there. Much improved over the original rules we were using.....lord 5 years ago?
I wrote up some Xenos rules I'd like to try out. So, if you want to try Panzee, icky Panzee, Kroooooot, Fishead, Stuntie, or Ork gangs, that would work too."

The Madmiral and Stooge are in. Anyone else?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

jehan-reznor
Champion

Re: Necro-demo-munda

Post by jehan-reznor » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:47 am

I would be interested , but i have to make a new group, my Escher gang is back in the homeland.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:16 am

Absolutely, I am playing Prim's demo so far but also want to get involved in this!
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:56 am

I'd be up for this. Can use my cultists?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:56 pm

There are heaps of gangs you could play with cultists

AUto guns means Goliaths would be good
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Those D.V cultists would be perfect!

Any and all who are interested, take a look at the rules should you have a free moment

http://gaming.yaktribe.org/community/va ... ulebook.1/

And the Outlander Rules
http://gaming.yaktribe.org/community/va ... ition.591/

And I was hoping to test-drive some Xenos rules I whipped up.
http://gaming.yaktribe.org/community/va ... gangs.627/

Basically, take one of the regular gangs from the Necromunda or Outlander rules, and modify the stats a bit, a couple special rules and voila! Orks in the Hive. I'm hoping to make it easy to play with any 40K figs you might have about, but without another 150 pages of special rules. I think it came out to about 12 pages total. 1 and a half pages of that devoted to making fun of Panzees.

The game plays the same as the original, but there are quite a few tweaks and little changes. Many of the weapons stats are a little different. Many skills have been changed.
I have not played in a long time, so this will be more of a "Let's muddle through a game and see how it works." than a demo. I figure we just make it multi-player old fashioned Scavengers or Gang Fight scenario.

Necromunda is one of my all time favorite games. I'm dancing with joy that the Outlander rules have gotten the Community Ed. treatment.

@JH- I'll bring some extra figures and we can cobble together a gang no problem. I even have a whole fully painted and mutated Scavy gang that has not see the table top in 15 years.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Is it okay if I use the Chaos Cultist rules?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:45 pm

job wrote:Is it okay if I use the Chaos Cultist rules?
Shoot me a link to the version you are looking at. Most likely not a problem. I have been mulling over "Quick and Dirty Chaos" gang rules. Have not gotten them quick and dirty enough yet.
It's pretty easy to approximate "Chaos" in Necro. You can hire psychic Wyrds. Redemptionists would make great Khorne Kultists, as there is a very, very fine line between the devoted love of burning heretics for the Emperor and the devoted love of burning period. Scavy gangs have mutants! There are already lots of options rules-wise that with a little creative interpretation, muhahahaha Chaos!
Cervantes, Don Quixote

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:54 pm

This is what I found floating in the ether:

http://files.sigil.biz/data/gw_02_chaos ... _coven.pdf
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:35 am

job wrote:This is what I found floating in the ether:

http://files.sigil.biz/data/gw_02_chaos ... _coven.pdf
hmmmm, they look like Redemptionists with no drawbacks ( ie. Heavy Weapons AND Exterminator cartriges) and they get some utterly killer buffs out the gate for the leader. For example, a Slaneshi warband leader would get LD 10, and a Wyrd power. Nice combo. It does look like it was "official". Probably published in an issue of Gang War or Citadel Journal. Not sure how well it would fit in with the edition of the rules we will be using.

I'm gonna be a jerk and say no. I'd like to stick with the gangs in the current Community Edition rules to keep things simple and balanced. I think the existing gangs can be played with a Chaos theme without much of a stretch. Regular old Redemptionists would be good for crazed fanatics, Scavies for mutated zombie hordes, or hire a Wyrd for a sorcerers cabal.
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “NH2015”