NagoyaHammer 2015 - After Action Report

Lovejoy
Legend

Re: NagoyaHammer 2015 - After Action Report

Post by Lovejoy » Mon May 11, 2015 12:24 pm

I had great fun, a big thanks to all our opponents, my teammate, and everybody I didn't end up playing. There was so much pleasant banter and goodwill on both days. The tables looked bloody great, as did the armies! Special thanks must got to Prim of course, without whom..well, we'd all have been sitting at home wondering why no one had kindly put an event together. And what about his 2d demo game - not too shabby! (By which, to be more explicit, I mean is really very good).
YellowStreak wrote:Thanks Prim for your organization and thanks to all my opponents (even if I will have recurring nightmares about drop-pods falling from the skies!). A very enjoyable weekend indeed!
And I'll be breaking out in a cold sweat at the thought of those eviscerators...

I have lots of photos from right across the room. I'll try to post in the photo thread when I have time and a place to put them.

Again, cheers everybody :D
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Mon May 11, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks everybody for the fun even if my cunning plan to bring NH2015 to cheeseland was defeated.

Thanks also to Jus and Prim for the bits. If I can keep my muse on I'll have the Crucifier fixed and up in no time.

M.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon May 11, 2015 1:07 pm

Yep, Thanks to Prim and everyone else who helped out - I had a good time the first day despite feeling kind of sick, and an even better time the next day when I felt more or less normal.

I think my new favorite unit is Raveners with the "Red" Terror, they managed to get into combat and eat someone important pretty much every game. Now if only I can train my Mawloc not to go bumping his head into rocks all of the time, I will be a happy 'Nid player!

Dropzone Commander was also a lot of fun, thanks to TOD for GMing and Auxryn and Thomas for playing!

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon May 11, 2015 1:25 pm

It was a fantastic NagHam. Thanks a lot to Prim for holding another great event this year. Thanks to everyone who came and made the event an interesting and cheerful event.

@ Dekana: It was great playing your Guardwomen. You certainly out played me, making good fire priorities, having a stiff upper lip and ignoring my fliers and marching up to the massive platoons in good order onto the objectives. On top of which you killed my precious Sicaran. I certainly made a number of mistakes with deployment and maybe if there was a charge roll or two that had gone a little better, it might have been closer, but that is all just hindsight and hypotheticals. A massive victory to your guard-ladies. Anyway, I'll look forward to a grudge match in the future.

@ MikBall: At least Chaos came out on top, right? Thanks for the game. You were a great sport despite being still new to the game and playing with a major disadvantage in points to me. It did kind of go my way, but I am glad you had the glory of killing the Sicaran before the end of the game.

@ Underdweller: Considering how you played with bare remnants of a once vast 'Nid horde, you definitely played valiantly and very well. You made the last turns of the game still in contention and maybe with some luck and another turn, you could've pulled it off. On top of which your Green Terror swallowed my campaign character in a challenge, and you killed my Sicaran, making it a third time it died.

@ Everyone: Drinking was awesome. Maybe the highlight of the event. Great talking about Rogue Trader, Jared Diamond, jobs, the morality behind execution, and milieu of other subjects squeezed between. It was interesting.

@ Underdweller, Kojibear and Shadow and Flames: Nice game on the 2nd day. It was nice relaxed game. Maybe things were kind of turning in favor of the Nids and Chaos Cultists, but there were certainly some memorable moments and it was fun to see the mechanicum stuff in action.

Necromunda is awesome!
@ Shadow and Flames: That was the luckiest, toughest Enforcer. He was unscathed by flames, not turned into a candle and survived a 5" S5 drop. Surely, he has proven he has the Emperor's blessing.
@ Konrad: Hmm... can I have the armor that super-trooper was wearing?
@ Dekana: Sorry, about firing a face full of man-stopper shells into the face of your lady, but if it results in her only becoming fearsome, maybe we should do it again.

Cheers all. Let's do it again in 2016.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

komura
Veteran

Post by komura » Mon May 11, 2015 11:10 pm

At first thank prim very much organizing this event.
I and Mr.Nakano enjoyed it. And thanks every participants
gaming or chatting with us.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue May 12, 2015 1:18 am

Some great games and fantastic minis guys. Sorry I missed it this year. Hopefully the next one. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Mikball
Rookie

Post by Mikball » Wed May 13, 2015 1:17 am

A big thanks to Prim for organising the event - really wish I could have stuck around later on Saturday for drinks, and even moreso, attended Sunday. Great to meet a lot of new faces

Thanks to Yellowstreak, Job and Miguelsan for helping me stumble along, I definitely learned a lot - think I need to buy some new dice though! :D

@Konrad - Vindicator is coming along nicely! Keep an eye out for it (and it's large blast plate) in the near future!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed May 13, 2015 7:06 am

Mikball wrote: @Konrad - Vindicator is coming along nicely! Keep an eye out for it (and it's large blast plate) in the near future!
I knew I'd regret getting rid of that thing. I should have charged you more! :lol:
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed May 13, 2015 1:02 pm

darn it! You sold someone a vindi? I didnt even know one was available. I've been mooching around for a cheap vindi for ages... :(

nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I think I'll go an eat wurms... :cry: :cry: :cry:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed May 13, 2015 1:11 pm

me_in_japan wrote:darn it! You sold someone a vindi? I didnt even know one was available. I've been mooching around for a cheap vindi for ages... :(

nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I think I'll go an eat wurms... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Relax, it was a Tamiya kit, not a real Vindicator.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “NH2015”