Daughters of Brealin

All Faction List pdfs will be linked to from here.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Daughters of Brealin

Post by Primarch » Wed May 13, 2015 6:55 am

The updated faction roster as of Dec 7th.

http://huntersofruin.com/Daughters%20of ... n%20v2.pdf

Please feel free to leave feedback and comments below.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

YellowStreak
Legend

Re: Daughters of Brealin

Post by YellowStreak » Thu May 14, 2015 7:07 am

Nice stuff Prim. I'm assuming this is written up with my re-purposed Sisters of Sigmar gang in mind.

I started writing some stuff last night, purely based on justifying the figures I want to paint. Feel free to use or ignore as desired (gods name etc. changed to match your fluff):
The Hammer
The daughters wield the Warhammer as their weapon of choice. The weapon has particular religious significance as it is seen as the tool Brealin used in his sky-forge (the sun) to hammer out the ether to make the world and the heavens, as well as the weapon he will use in the end times to shatter all of creation. The dual nature of the hammer, used for both construction and destruction, is seen as an important aspect of its' holiness and strongly influences the Daughters – who see themselves as needing to be prepared to first destroy in order to rebuild.

The Mad Sinners
As bands of the Daughters wander the lands seeking the holy relics of Brealin, they sometimes pick up bands of desperate stragglers. Although discouraged by the Daughters themselves, many of those known as the ‘mad sinners’ believe their souls are doomed to purgatory with the only possible respite being martyring themselves in protection of the daughters. Bands of ‘sinners’ may follow the sisters, carefully hoarding any scrap of material of half-chewed bone touched by the blessed sisters as mystical charms.
Despite the wishes of the Daughters, it is not uncommon to see these madmen; no matter how poorly equipped and armed; throw themselves at any who threaten the Daughters in the hope of earning forgiveness of their sins from Brealin and achieving a place in paradise in the afterlife.
Possible Rules:
• Mad Sinners must charge enemies within range
• Mad sinners are poor in combat and may not counterstrike, regardless of their weapon
• Mad sinners get bonus to break tests (mad fearlessness)

Basically I have some of the witchhunter 'madmen' (armed with shields made from planks, swords, fish and in one case a handpuppet) which I thought would be fun to paint. I liked the idea from Warhammer of Grail Knights being followed by bands of filthy peasants seeking their blessing and thought the 'mad sinners' might add some similar flavour. The idea is they would be cheap and generally awful....
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu May 14, 2015 7:36 am

In the interests of distancing things from a certain other religious group of women who run around with hammers (and owned by a company famous for protecting it's IP), I hope you won't mind if I don't add that to the 'official' fluff.
As for the Mad Sinners, I had plans to do a flagellant warband at some stage in the future. However, I have a lot more to write up before I get round to them, so you'll have to be patient. You did get the first warband after all. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Thu May 14, 2015 8:07 am

Primarch wrote:In the interests of distancing things from a certain other religious group of women who run around with hammers (and owned by a company famous for protecting it's IP), I hope you won't mind if I don't add that to the 'official' fluff.
As for the Mad Sinners, I had plans to do a flagellant warband at some stage in the future. However, I have a lot more to write up before I get round to them, so you'll have to be patient. You did get the first warband after all. :D
Heh no problem, maybe that'll just be a quirk of the convent my daughters come from! 8-)
With the sinners, my thinking was not so much that they are a different warband, but a different troop choice for the Daughters (although as mentioned, it's really just me justifying the minis I want to paint! :lol: )
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu May 14, 2015 8:19 am

I did a quick points tally after I wrote the list and it looks like you should be able to get to 200 points with just the Sisters. Why not get some games in with them first and then we can see if they need anything?

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:54 am

A new faction roster has been put in the first post. The roster contains new options, abilities and a new warrior type. It also brings the rules into line with the Core Rules

Return to “Faction Lists”