NH2016 - WH40K - Mission 3: Annihilate

For the discussion of rules, games, missions and trash talk for NagoyaHammer 2016
Primarch
Evil Overlord

NH2016 - WH40K - Mission 3: Annihilate

Post by Primarch » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:20 am

+++Primary enemy forces contained+++
+++Enemy command presence confirmed+++
+++Complete destruction of hostile forces commencing+++

Force Selection
>750 Points<
Compulsory
1 HQ Unit
1 Elite Unit
Optional
2 Elites
2 Units from Troops/Heavy Support/Fast Attack

Mission Special Rules.
Primary Objectives
Each player rolls off. The highest scoring player places one Objective marker anywhere in their opponent's half of the table, at least 6" from any table edge. The next highest scoring player places one Objective marker in a similar fashion and so on until all players have deployed an Objective marker. No marker may be within 12" of another marker.
At the end of each turn after the first, a player who has secured an objective gains 1 victory point. Both players on the same team may score points from the same objective.

Secondary Objectives
Players score one additional Victory Point for Line Breaker, First Blood and Slay the Warlord (1 point per enemy warlord).

All Victory Points are scored by individual players, not by the team. If both players have an opportunity to score a point in the same phase (e.g. both could potentially shoot at the same enemy Warlord, roll off to see who gets to take the shot first, or agree in some other fashion).

Emergency Beacon
Securing the Objective placed by your partner allows you to activate an emergency beacon. At the start of your turn, after scoring a point from that objective, any units which successfully left the table during Game 1 automatically arrive from reserve. There is no need to roll for these reserves. Units arriving in this manner use the Outflank rule, even if they do not usually have it.

Teleportation Matrix.
Securing the objective you placed, allows you to activate a teleportation matrix. At the start of your turn after scoring a point from that objective, any surviving Troops units from Game 2 automatically arrive from reserve. There is no need to roll for reserves. All units arriving in this manner use the Deep Strike rule, even if they don't usually have it. Any of these units Deep Striking within 6" of the objective you placed do not need to roll for scatter.

The two players with the most Victory Points are the winners for this scenario.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Re: NH2016 - WH40K - Mission 3: Annihilate

Post by kojibear » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:40 pm

Primarch wrote:At the end of each turn after the first, a player who has secured an objective gains 1 victory point. Both players on the same team may score points from the same objective.
In typical games only troops can 'secure', but I'm guessing in this special scenario any of our units can do this. Is that right?

Cheers.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:43 pm

I have one suggestion. In the mission we are being scored separately. So there is a bit of a contest to see who can shoot and charge first for purposes of First Blood, warlord kills, and objectives. Can I suggest that the team players have a simple quick roll off each round to see who has priority to move, shoot and assault?

Also, how are psychic powers worked out? Will each player have there own pool? Or will it be worked out as a team pool?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:18 pm

kojibear wrote:In typical games only troops can 'secure', but I'm guessing in this special scenario any of our units can do this. Is that right? .
In 7th ed. everything is a scoring unit.
job wrote:I have one suggestion. In the mission we are being scored separately. So there is a bit of a contest to see who can shoot and charge first for purposes of First Blood, warlord kills, and objectives. Can I suggest that the team players have a simple quick roll off each round to see who has priority to move, shoot and assault?

Also, how are psychic powers worked out? Will each player have there own pool? Or will it be worked out as a team pool?
That first part is in the rules for the mission.
Primarch wrote:All Victory Points are scored by individual players, not by the team. If both players have an opportunity to score a point in the same phase (e.g. both could potentially shoot at the same enemy Warlord, roll off to see who gets to take the shot first, or agree in some other fashion).
And a team pool for psychic powers, with any additional power points generated by individual psykers being available to their owner.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:31 am

Okay missed that part. Thanks.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:43 pm

question: if the units you got off the table in game one are made available via an emergency beacon, can they enter via deep strike if that rule is usually available to them, or must they enter using the outflank rule?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:32 pm

They outflank. It fits the theme of the recon guys busting through the enemy lines and then turning up from an unexpected direction in the nick of time. Having them just teleport in from an orbiting ship just cheapens the whole thing too much. :D

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:24 pm

I was thinking of hawks/scourges/corsairs jump packing in, actually, but fair do's. Outflank it is :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “NagoyaHammer 2016”