Less than 2 weeks!

For the discussion of rules, games, missions and trash talk for NagoyaHammer 2016
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Less than 2 weeks!

Post by Primarch » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:28 pm

NagoyaHammer is now just one month away. If you haven't already done so, now is the time to put the finishing touches to your army lists and to get those last few minis painted up.

Also, please check out the missions for 40K and see if you have any questions before we start playing.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there.

Thanks,
P.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

jehan-reznor
Champion

Re: One month notice.

Post by jehan-reznor » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:07 am

Just wondering if i can take just a small army because, the different missions, need different squad types

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:04 am

One month? I better go read the actual scenarios then.... :shock:
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:43 am

jehan-reznor wrote:Just wondering if i can take just a small army because, the different missions, need different squad types
You could just take small, expensive units?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:34 am

it depends what ee's got. I actually had a buggersome hard time making lists for this, as I have no single army that can accomodate all 3 games. eg my corsairs have 3 units of painted Troops, but any of those units used in mission 1 can't be included in any later missions as they could turn up as reinforcements. I ended up using 3 completely different factions for my lists, which necessitated a certain amount of painting. Not knocking the scenarios - I like them a lot, actually, but it certainly made life difficult for me (but I likes a challenge, plus if it all goes according to my Awesome Plan, I can get 3 flavours of eldar on the table at the same time, come game 3 - Mega Swoooooosh! :twisted:)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:10 am

Things are very much up in the air for me regarding whether I can actually attend or not this year, given that Nagoyahammer is around my wife's due date. I'd better not commit, but will come if I can.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:50 pm

me_in_japan wrote:it depends what ee's got. I actually had a buggersome hard time making lists for this, as I have no single army that can accomodate all 3 games. eg my corsairs have 3 units of painted Troops, but any of those units used in mission 1 can't be included in any later missions as they could turn up as reinforcements. I ended up using 3 completely different factions for my lists, which necessitated a certain amount of painting. Not knocking the scenarios - I like them a lot, actually, but it certainly made life difficult for me (but I likes a challenge, plus if it all goes according to my Awesome Plan, I can get 3 flavours of eldar on the table at the same time, come game 3 - Mega Swoooooosh! :twisted:)
Wow! 3 flavors? Which ones? https://wiki.erfworld.com/Elves
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:46 am

me_in_japan wrote:it depends what ee's got. I actually had a buggersome hard time making lists for this, as I have no single army that can accomodate all 3 games. eg my corsairs have 3 units of painted Troops, but any of those units used in mission 1 can't be included in any later missions as they could turn up as reinforcements. I ended up using 3 completely different factions for my lists, which necessitated a certain amount of painting. Not knocking the scenarios - I like them a lot, actually, but it certainly made life difficult for me (but I likes a challenge, plus if it all goes according to my Awesome Plan, I can get 3 flavours of eldar on the table at the same time, come game 3 - Mega Swoooooosh! :twisted:)
You absolutely couldn't make a list with one faction, or you just didn't want to use a sub-optimum list? Given the size of your Craft World collection, I get the feeling that it may have been the latter. :D

Anyway, the point of it all was to encourage people to utilise more of their collections rather than just sticking to one army/list for the whole day. If you manage to get three types of Eldar on the table, I see that as being a positive thing for everyone. (Except Konrad who has an allergy to Elves of all kinds. :lol: )

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Couldn't, at least if I wanted them painted in time. It comes down to lack of troops, mostly, although other factors also apply. Until about Feb I had a totally different plan for Naghammer, so when I realised it wasn't going to materialise I knew I had to make lists that required the minimum number of newly painted minis. I have a lot of craftworlders, but they're mostly unpainted and come in big squads (well, 10...)

As an example, my most painted army is my dark Eldar, but I only have 2 units of painted troops for them. Corsairs have 3 painted troops (if I min out my jetbikes) and I have 4 painted troops for my crafties (again, min size units)

Anyway, I've got 3 lists that, hopefully, will allow me to field 3 fully painted, interesting Eldar armies, if I can get a couple more chaps sorted in the next few weeks.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:04 am

You are hopeless MiJ :lol:

M.

Return to “NagoyaHammer 2016”