Dropzone Commander

This forum is for the discussion of Dropzone Commander and other Hawk Wargames systems.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Dropzone Commander

Post by The Other Dave » Tue May 21, 2013 3:42 am

Danguinius wrote:P.S. You may not have an extra 10,000 yen lying around to buy a faction, but you will have an extra 5,000 ye!
That is included in my calculations! :D

I have a lot on my "to buy" list, though - I should get some more terrain to get ready for the Epic event, the 6mm not-Tau by Onslaught are being released this summer, and I have a long-standing and long-ignored promise to Mike to resume collecting my Flames of War army. I think I need to pick up some more translation jobs to get a cash infusion! :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Tue May 21, 2013 5:13 am

I see, I see.

Well, no rush. I and Gannon are getting ready for Gen Con, we`ll (at least, I`ll) be focusing on WarmaHordes and Monpoc to get ready for that.

DzC is our "fall project". I might buy the minis some time this summer, but I won`t get to assembling/painting/playing until September at least. So, you have some time...I mean, we have some time. :mrgreen: (they`re calling to you - The Scourge...)

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Tue May 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Danguinius wrote: The Shaltari definitely look like the most challenging to paint -
They are if, like me, you pick out all the little "bumps" in different colours like the official colour scheme does. :(

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Wed May 22, 2013 12:53 am

I know what you mean, there are even extra bumps on the bumpy parts; the more I look at the Shaltari, the more challenging they look to paint. Scourge, on the other hand, look like a dry-brusher`s dream.

It`s official, Gannon has jumped in (head first) and gotten a sizeable PHR force. I told him I`d choose my force in the next week or so. Shaltari!...or maybe UCM...or maybe even Scourge....

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Wed May 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Other than the blue and green lights, the Shaltari are pretty easy; just the main red hull colour, some details in gunmetal and the wing areas in gold, finishing with the black cockpit canopies.

I'm a big fan of the chrome PHR colour scheme, myself.

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Wed May 22, 2013 10:52 pm

for PHR I like the gun metal paint scheme and the white gloss one (looks a bit Stormtrooer-ish)

I think the copper oxide paint scheme does wonders for the Scourge.

Danguinius

Danguinius
Veteran

Post by Danguinius » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:15 am

Well, I`m "all in" with Dropzone Commander. The minis look fantastic, BTW and the battleboard is awesome (even has a basketball court). I`ve just ordered a massive UCM (Humans) army.

Danguinius

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:15 am

Hum. Extremely tempting.

For 60 GBP, you get 2 starter armies (which each retail for 68 GBP - the starter set is in plastic instead of resin / metal), a roughly 3" by 4" card battlefield, a rulebook, dice, cards, markers, and even a tape measure. I just wish I was more excited about the rules...
-----

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:30 pm

That looks like an awesome deal. If you ever wanted someone to go in on this I am interested.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:58 am

An unboxing video / interview with the designer/creator dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNoN7laUPrc

Dagnabbit.
-----

Return to “Dropzone”