A Dropzone Thread

This forum is for the discussion of Dropzone Commander and other Hawk Wargames systems.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: A Dropzone Thread

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:51 am

They're setting up a pledge manager which will let us choose what bolt-ons to add and even apparently change pledge levels to account for stuff. Should be a couple days.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:58 am

The Other Dave wrote:They're setting up a pledge manager which will let us choose what bolt-ons to add and even apparently change pledge levels to account for stuff. Should be a couple days.
Thanks. I expect I'll be a complete sucker when is see the Beijing class ship for sale. That and the fighter-bomber stands.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:03 am

Fortunately, the Beijing is a 2-up display model and doesn't tempt me. The launch assets maybe, but I suspect I'll be more than willing to make do with card counters like I did in BFG forever.
-----

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Same as every other Kickstarter - if you want extras, you simply add more money to your pledge. Luckily for you, Hawk are letting you add more money (but not change your pledge level - if you went for Lieutenant, you're stuck with that) after the fact. You'll get an email at some point.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:32 pm

By 2-up do they mean it is twice the game scale? I'm most interested in the ship itself, which looks so sexy. Hopefully they make a game version at some time.

@ AGP: I believe the Bolt-ons are separate of the pledge level. They list separate prices for things like the Linear. But then again, I'm not reading all the FAQs (mostly because I couldn't locate them) or participating in Q and As.

Whatever, should be awesome when they arrive sometime next year or so.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:21 pm

job wrote:By 2-up do they mean it is twice the game scale? I'm most interested in the ship itself, which looks so sexy. Hopefully they make a game version at some time.
Correct, it's a display piece. I'd be very surprised if they aren't going to release battleships for the game at some point! But I'm pretty sure they said one of the constraints they were putting on themselves for the KS was to leave basically everything they'll be producing in resin out of it, so people will have to go through retailers for some key parts of their fleet.
-----

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:06 pm

job wrote:By 2-up do they mean it is twice the game scale? I'm most interested in the ship itself, which looks so sexy. Hopefully they make a game version at some time.

@ AGP: I believe the Bolt-ons are separate of the pledge level. They list separate prices for things like the Linear. But then again, I'm not reading all the FAQs (mostly because I couldn't locate them) or participating in Q and As.

Yes, the bolt-one are separate to the pledge levels (I pledged at Lieutenant, but for a total of £149.00), but no matter how many extra bolt-ons I add, I'm still at Lieutenant, so I can never get the Atantis battle cruiser or the other High-ranked rewards.

When the game is released there'll be bigger ships (battleships and the regular battle cruisers) and smaller ships (smaller than frigates, some with an element of atmospheric ability).

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:10 pm

AndrewGPaul wrote:

Yes, the bolt-one are separate to the pledge levels (I pledged at Lieutenant, but for a total of £149.00), but no matter how many extra bolt-ons I add, I'm still at Lieutenant, so I can never get the Atantis battle cruiser or the other High-ranked rewards.

When the game is released there'll be bigger ships (battleships and the regular battle cruisers) and smaller ships (smaller than frigates, some with an element of atmospheric ability).
Same here with the Lieutenant pledge. I'll also miss out on the Atlantis battle cruiser, but I am exceedingly excited by it.
Should be a cool game. Can't wait for the stuff. :D
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Mukker
Rookie

Post by Mukker » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Ah, that last day for adding to the pledge will require discipline indeed! So much gorgeous stuff on this project. June will be a fun month :D

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:40 pm

Kickstarter news for those who are splitting pledges:

Production is proceeding apace, the pledge manager will be up "soon" and will run till early March, and they're adding an option for people who didn't get in on the Kickstarter to do a sort of "late pledge" at the two-player-starter-box level. No add-on freebies, but you get the starter box and can add bolt-ons as normal.
-----

Return to “Dropzone”