A Dropzone Thread

This forum is for the discussion of Dropzone Commander and other Hawk Wargames systems.
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: A Dropzone Thread

Post by job » Sat May 02, 2015 8:37 am

Looking at those UCM ships again I'm pretty much a hopeless case. I've gotta have it!
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun May 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Interestingly, the first wave of the new infantry are up on Waylandbut not the Hawk site yet.

The UCM get Mortar Teams, which are presumably indirect fire.

The Scourge get Eviscerators, which look like CC-oriented versions of the Destroyers - scary!

The Shaltari get Ronin battlesuits, which apparently don't come with bases, making them essentially small vehicles - according to the fluff that's been leaked they can't enter buildings at all.

The PHR get Longreach rifle teams, so sniper teams with shaped charge, and probably passive countermeasures for their not-chameleoline cloaks.

Interesting stuff!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Gannon
Rookie

Post by Gannon » Mon May 18, 2015 6:47 am

I just wanted to chime in here, and let you know you're not alone. We've got a few players down here in the Iwakuni/Hiroshima area as well. All factions are represented, and a couple of us have two.

I, personally, play PHR, and UCM. PHR, mainly due to the walkers which are freaking awesome. I love the Nemesis, but have only played one game with it so far. I pretty much have the whole range except Apollos.

Danguinius started with UCM, but sold them and went the Shaltari route. He's gotten in a few games so far with us, but has already showed his tactical superiority and had started winning most of the games he's played recently.

I'm afraid with the Japan Open III coming up here in October, we'll have to shelve our DzC armies for a while, and get in our practice games of Warmachine and Hordes. It of course doesn't mean we'll stop working on painting our stuff up though.

12 bases of infantry at 10mm scale is not fun work, but it is somewhat quick.

The UCM Command Flyer is a BEAST! I've played two games against it, and it has rocked my world both times. More AA is going to be needed against that thing for sure.

Anyways, hope you guys are enjoying the game. Hopefully I'll keep up with this thread a little more.
Play like you got a Pair!!

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon May 18, 2015 7:27 am

Gannon wrote:I just wanted to chime in here, and let you know you're not alone. We've got a few players down here in the Iwakuni/Hiroshima area as well. All factions are represented, and a couple of us have two.

I, personally, play PHR, and UCM. PHR, mainly due to the walkers which are freaking awesome. I love the Nemesis, but have only played one game with it so far. I pretty much have the whole range except Apollos.

Danguinius started with UCM, but sold them and went the Shaltari route. He's gotten in a few games so far with us, but has already showed his tactical superiority and had started winning most of the games he's played recently.

I'm afraid with the Japan Open III coming up here in October, we'll have to shelve our DzC armies for a while, and get in our practice games of Warmachine and Hordes. It of course doesn't mean we'll stop working on painting our stuff up though.

12 bases of infantry at 10mm scale is not fun work, but it is somewhat quick.

The UCM Command Flyer is a BEAST! I've played two games against it, and it has rocked my world both times. More AA is going to be needed against that thing for sure.

Anyways, hope you guys are enjoying the game. Hopefully I'll keep up with this thread a little more.
Good to hear there is another group of players. Maybe we'll have to plan an event sometime.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue May 19, 2015 12:23 am

Nice! It was actually Dan that sort of pushed me over the edge into buying it (well, Dan and the insane good value of the starter box). Like job says, we should try to organize something once y'all are calmed down a bit from your Warmahordes event!
-----

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:27 am

I just wanted to comment because I just realized this myself - the Hawk Wargames site now has free experimental rules for all the new Command vehicles, conveniently linked from the entry to buy the vehicles.

They also have a PDF of the 1.1 changes to the command cards, so I was able to pencil in the 3 cards that changed instead of buying a new deck.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:40 am

Auxryn wrote:I just wanted to comment because I just realized this myself - the Hawk Wargames site now has free experimental rules for all the new Command vehicles, conveniently linked from the entry to buy the vehicles.

They also have a PDF of the 1.1 changes to the command cards, so I was able to pencil in the 3 cards that changed instead of buying a new deck.
Yes! And it pretty much cemented my decision to get a Nemesis at some point. The UCM command flier is a beast, too.
-----

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:16 am

For those of you who listen to podcasts when painting, it seems that some people finally started making Dropzone Commander podcasts - one called 'Orbital Bombardment' and another called 'Rolling Hot.'

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:21 am

Auxryn wrote:For those of you who listen to podcasts when painting, it seems that some people finally started making Dropzone Commander podcasts - one called 'Orbital Bombardment' and another called 'Rolling Hot.'
I'll be sure to check them out.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:04 am

Lots of pics from GenCon here: https://www.facebook.com/dzcommenter/photos_stream

Including some nice pics of the Scourge cruisers for the space ship game:
11731630_412918312235313_4530747613474472943_o.jpg
11731630_412918312235313_4530747613474472943_o.jpg (147.92 KiB) Viewed 5447 times
(Apparently with both the scourge and UCM - and presumably when the come out the other factions too - you can make 5 or 6 variants from a single sprue. Magnetization ahoy!)

Also a bunch of pics of the new infantry and special commanders.
-----

Return to “Dropzone”