Dropfleet Commander

This forum is for the discussion of Dropzone Commander and other Hawk Wargames systems.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Dropfleet Commander

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:52 am

AndrewGPaul wrote:[You think the Scourge are wrong 'uns? You need to read the end of the Dropzone Commander Reconquest phase 2 book ...
I still have to get that at some point - when 95% of the rules are included in the FFotR app, it's hard to resist the call to buy models instead of books! :oops: I am a bad customer.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:56 pm

The FFoR app doesn't have the rules, does it? Or do I just not print that bit? Certainly the last time I played, it listed that a weapon had Through Cover, but not what that means. It didn't show me the damage chart for Shaltari gravity cannon either.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:16 pm

AndrewGPaul wrote:The FFoR app doesn't have the rules, does it? Or do I just not print that bit? Certainly the last time I played, it listed that a weapon had Through Cover, but not what that means. It didn't show me the damage chart for Shaltari gravity cannon either.
That's what I mean by 95%, yeah. For the models I have and/or am interested in, the only thing I don't have with the core rulebook plus FFoR is the text of one or two special rules.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:26 pm

And hey, a cool thousand points done.

Well, OK, it's 990 points, but what're you going to do?

The plan is to head down to Chez Boyle in Mie tomorrow and actually try some games out - at the "demo game" level about half this size, just to get a handle on how the rules work.

(Shame about the casting error on the right wing of that cruiser in front, coupled with my laziness / lack of putty to fix the dimple. Fortunately with the Scourge at least it's not particularly glaring unless you really know what the ships are "supposed" to look like.)
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:00 am

Map news! I forget, MiJ, did our pledge include any, or was that something you ordered or were thinking of ordering seperate?

The good news is they'll make the images available, which might mean I can fire up the poster printer at work and get some free maps.
Posted by Hawk Wargames wrote: Dear Backers
We have had a lot of things happened since our last update, which we are aware was too long ago. Firstly, and not to draw this out any more, Wave 2.
WAVE 2
We will be dispatching wave 2 of the Kickstarter over the next 2-3 weeks. This will be shipped by Royal Mail.
Wave 2 will include the following:
Poster Set
Signed Art Print 1
Signed Art Print 2
Signed Art Print 3
Acrylic Tokens Sets (6 colours) (produced in the UK by Dark Ops)
The Scourge Space Station Add-on Pack
From the above list, it is very clear that there is an obvious missing element; the Paper Map Sets.
THE PAPER MAP SETS
Despite numerous attempts and worldwide efforts at printing these maps, we are unable to deliver these. They were originally specified with 2 printers (one as a back-up), but both decided after the project was completed and the maps were already allocated in many backers’ pledges, that they were unable to deliver on the exact sizes we required. This has been a big blow to us, and has caused the majority of the delay to the second wave going out. So it is with deep regret that we are going to finish the Kickstarter with the products we have managed to finalise – those in the above list.
However, you as backers, have put your money into the creation of this project, and into the creation of these maps, so it would be completely unfair for us to not have them available. Therefore, we are taking the following 3 steps.
Step 1. Credit:
We are offering every backer who paid for a map set, equal credit on what they spent to purchase anything through the Hawk Wargames Website. This includes the Admirals who will get the full KS selling price. We are finalising the process to best handle this and will be sending out an update once the second wave has been despatched with how you will be receiving your codes.
Additionally, we will be crediting every single free Radar map that was – with £5 for each free map they should have received, which again can be used against any product on the Hawk Wargames website.
Step 2. The Designs:
We will then be posting up the maps so that you can download them and get them printed yourselves or with your local printer. We will create them so that have bleed, so that any printer company who prints large format, or digitally, should be able to print them off for you if you haven’t got the facilities yourself to do so. These will be available to download and will not be limited.
Step 3. Playing on Maps:
We are happy for any manufacturer of playing mats to take these open source files and make them for sale in their respective regions. Overseas postage can be prohibitive for these items so allowing everyone access means somebody close to you should be able to make them.
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 am

I don't think we had any maps in our pledge (although I'm pretty sure we(=you) qualify for the radar map.) I did, however, order the map pack from Element Games. It's been sitting there "shipment expected *insert date about a week from now*" for about 6 months. I'll mail them for a refund. 'S not like I can't find things to spend the money on, anyway...

It's good they're making the files available. If you can get one printed on that kinda banner canvas (like you see on flags outside various car showrooms/mobile phone shops, etc) that'd be awesome. Or paper is nice, too :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:42 am

Ah, right. I'd forgotten about the radar map! Although 5 pounds' credit is going to be tricky, what with shipping and such. :lol:
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:21 pm

https://www.facebook.com/HawkWargames/p ... 8055664779

Hawk is going to be offering 99GBP fleet starter sets, including a battlecruiser, 6 cruisers, 8 frigates, 3 corvettes, the faction command deck, and an activation deck - it's a pretty darn good deal, and (when things calm down for 40K - and 6mm North Africa - and Dark Ages...) I'll be sore tempted to get the PHR one and fill my fleet out.
-----

Return to “Dropzone”