Is GW trying to make me buy their products?

This forum is for discussion of GW and their games.
Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 pm

Genestealer cults keep getting better and better looking toys. To think that I scoffed at the 1st offerings and now I have a to-buy list that keeps growing!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... m=facebook

M

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Is GW trying to make me buy their products?

Post by Primarch » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:32 am

Bad company, trying to sell things. Bad!

Yeah, I really like that thing two. All the GSC previews have been amazing so far.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:44 am

GeeDubs have certainly upped their game. I was dead against them not so very long ago, but I find myself proselytising in their favour a fair bit these days. I'm even *gasp* considering buying stuff direct from GW Japan :shock:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:56 am

Well, yes, that is exactly what they are doing.

The GSC stuff does look good. I particularly liked the female magos model. Not about to start a fourth army though ….

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:33 am

I want a Necromunda 'Mad Max' Ash wastes game now...
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

jus

Post by jus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:21 am

Yes.

I ah, may have er ordered more ... nurgle stuff. The only thing stopping me from jumping on the genestealer cults band wagon is the fluff. I just can't dig how the ultimate fate of the miniatures you spent so much time and (resources) on is to be turned on by their "gods" and eaten up. I guess it makes it so then you actually have genestealer cults vs Tyranid action and it fits the grim dark setting.

@Mij: Meruhen on the outskirts of Nagoya offers 20% off Japanese retail prices (and are also my go to supplier to get high, I mean buy minis)

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:37 am

jus wrote:I ah, may have er ordered more ... nurgle stuff. The only thing stopping me from jumping on the genestealer cults band wagon is the fluff. I just can't dig how the ultimate fate of the miniatures you spent so much time and (resources) on is to be turned on by their "gods" and eaten up. I guess it makes it so then you actually have genestealer cults vs Tyranid action and it fits the grim dark setting.
I've heard talk, don't know if it's official fluff or just a cool idea, of a GSC some of whose members' self-preservation instinct kicks in, leading a half dozen or so to escape the doomed planet just as the Tyranids arrive - just to start the cycle again wherever they end up because it's hard-coded in their genes and they can't help it.

Also, as the Vigilus fluff shows, sometimes they get flushed out and have to fight long before there are any hive fleets nearby, which is also a bit less doomed.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Return to “Games Workshop”