Not sure if this is real, but hopeful

This forum is for discussion of GW and their games.
Grantholomeu
Veteran

Not sure if this is real, but hopeful

Post by Grantholomeu » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:09 am

Ohhhhhh lordy, if cult chaos marines get 2 wounds...
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Not sure if this is real, but hopeful

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:33 am

If Marines get point drops,

a) I'm sorry.

b) I'm OK with Nagoyahammer being 500 point teams :)

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:41 am

I've heard the 2 wounds on cult marines rumour before but what worries me is SM point drops. If they're only for the less competitive units then thats not too bad but if its just icing on the SM supplement cake then its going to be a pain. CSM is probably going to continue struggling to keep up with SM given the power gap from the supplements isn't being covered by Psychic Awakening either. Other than that, them nerfing shield drones and moving the Ork units without proper models to legends is a bit worrying. The IG tank commander bit makes sense but having guardsmen go up is going to be a little rough for IG players. Well its just rumours so far so I would take it with a generous serving of salt.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:49 am

Honestly the point drops for Marines makes it look like a troll. While it seems to be true that CA was written...decoupled...from Marine Codex development, they must have known Marines were in for serious love.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:01 am

I’d agree with the above. The Tau, IG, Orcs stuff all makes sense and could have been seen as places where tweaks might have been needed.

As for the SM points drop, hopefully that either doesn’t materialize or is resolved shortly afterwards. Anyway, it’s all rumors right now. I guess we’ll see next month.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:39 pm

The rumoured SM points drop appears to be for the Angels and Wolves, bringing them into line with Codex costs. Which is a lot of massive cuts but only because they were out of sync in the first place; doesn't seem to be anything for Marines in general.

Return to “Games Workshop”