2020 LVO Reveals and Spoilers

This forum is for discussion of GW and their games.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

2020 LVO Reveals and Spoilers

Post by Primarch » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:30 am

The Las Vegas Open is underway and GW have shown off a lot of new toys.

New Ad-Mech

Pointy Elves

Lizardman Terrain.

A Zoat for BSF

And Putrid Blightkings for Underworlds.

In addition it looks like the FW indexes are being replaced for 40K with updated rules and that a certain Orky character will be making a comeback soon.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: 2020 LVO Reveals and Spoilers

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:25 am

Well hello there...

Righty: opinion dump ahoy...
fire-breathing-mecha-dog-riding cyborgs: ah, 40k, I do love your wackiness sometimes :lol:
Flying cyborgs: actually pretty damn cool. I like these much more than the gyrocopter thingy, despite them sharing an aesthetic.

Pointy elf infantry, cavalry: fine. All good here. Move along.
Teclis: lovely Sphinx, and the floaty pose of Teccers himself is spot on. Very nice movement and general swoosh.
Invisible elf: very clever from a design perspective. I like him :)

Lizardman ziggurat: ok, I guess? Don’t see why you couldn’t just make it out of styrofoam, but hey ho, some people like plastic kits, I guess? Clearly not aimed at me.

Zoat: yes, yes, fine, nostalgia a go-go. Still a very nice sculpt, mind you. Nice and chunky.

Nurglies - I like em, but there’s nothing particularly surprising about them. Meh, I’ll get em for underworlds and probably use them, too. I don’t have a favoured tanky warband yet, so these might hit the spot.

Overall, a good bunch of releases, with Teclis and invisiboy being the standouts for me.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:01 am

ZOAAAAAAAATS! That is so cool. Interesting stuff. Those new panzees have a sort of European/Moebius weirdness going on. Rated PG Kingdom Death. The Admech are just nuts. Anyone else remember the Galaxy Rangers?
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/watch-eve ... xy-rangers
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:08 am

Man that’s a whole buncha good stuff. I can’t see myself not getting a zoat, and I dig the nurgle underworlds team - a female nurgle sorcerer is a new take at least. The elves are all awesome (though I’m half-surprised the cavalry are on actual horses and not some new weird fantasy creature), if not really aimed at me, and I really really like the admech stuff.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:21 am

Model-wise, I like most of the new figures. The sphinx is awesome, but I'm kind of wondering what Teclis is meant to be doing. His robes have the correct amount of swoosh, but swoosh to where, and to what purpose?

One thing that really puts me off the elf and ad-mech cavalry is that all of them are one bad bump away from sheering off the base at the horse's ankle. Back when LotR was first released I bought a box of Gondorian Knights and every single one ended up with a 3 hoofed horse and separate bases. The same goes for numerous gaunts and 'stealers over the years. Aside from that, they look great.

As for the rest, the Zoat is marvelous and I like the look of the birdmen. The nurgle guys are nice as always. It's good to see more terrain variety as well.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:59 am

So... I wanted to focus on my Tau army but here we are...
Excited about the new lizardmen book, and the terrain piece probably is a free army add-on with fancy rules, in other words a must have... I might scratch build one.
The Admech stuff looks awesome and will probably fill roles that are current vacant in an Admech army.
Also they basically announced Ghazghkull so I'm pretty jazzed about that too.
Seeing stuff like the Zoat getting models is always great.

Not too big on elves but the models look cool.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:16 pm

I like the high elves, particularly that Calvary. It almost makes me want to play AoS or one of its derivatives.

The admech Calvary are great and the ones I’m more likely to purchase. However, I’m torn to pursue these or the sisters box... decisions... decisions...
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:04 pm

I like the Nurgle sorcerer, could I use it in 40k - yes!
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Games Workshop”