Blackstone Fortress Thread

This forum is for discussion of GW and their games.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Blackstone Fortress Thread

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:57 pm

I gave her the warp gate thing so she could do it twice :lol:

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:19 pm

That's even dirtier than Full Auto on the robot.

My current probably-legal thing I'm thinking of is that I've got the UR-025 with the auto-crit gambits job from the hidden vault, and Shadowguide with the free gambit every activation resource, and AFAICT it's perfectly legal to trade resources between explorers on Precipice, so I may have a robot who can automatically succeed at a gambit for free every turn.

(Another embarrassing rules thing - I'd sort of assumed by not reading very carefully that cards you Exhaust can be used once per encounter, but since they can be used once per turn, the "exhaust to perform a gambit" is a free gambit every time you activate.)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:31 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:19 pm
(Another embarrassing rules thing - I'd sort of assumed by not reading very carefully that cards you Exhaust can be used once per encounter, but since they can be used once per turn, the "exhaust to perform a gambit" is a free gambit every time you activate.)
To be fair if you were looking for houserules to make the game harder, that'd be a reasonable one.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:58 pm

True! I did actually check designer commentary though and trading in Precipice is explicitly allowed and intended behavior.

TBH the "three resources per explorer" seems to be helping a lot too.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat May 02, 2020 7:40 am

Last night's trip report - I took de Montbart for the first time and ehrmagerd, he is crazy go nuts. Even uninspired he just shreds everything - I sort of expect he was balanced around having no ranged attacks, but since everything's always at such close quarters it's not really a huge disadvantage. The techpriest continues to be lackluster, so I may eat the penalty of an uninspired servitor and leave him at home for my next run. His ship's support ability isn't hugely powerful in Escalation either, so it's no huge loss.

Speaking of Escalation, I'm finding the blind exploration to be pretty nerve-wracking actually. I've been into the fortress twice, so the threat tracker is starting to get a bit scary, but I have no idea how close I may or may not be to finding a shrine.

I've also been planning my stimulus package purchases, with an eye to BSF wrapping up probably at the end of the year (so I ought to get everything I want to get for the game by then). Right now I'm thinking I'll get the Ambull and No Respite, and wait a bit on Traitor Command.
-----

Return to “Games Workshop”