Dave Paints - no, not that Dave... the other one.

This forum is for you to show off your finished minis.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Dave Paints - no, not that Dave... the other one.

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:29 pm

And since I've got a full maniple done now, here's all my Legio Mordaxis so far for Titanicus. Purple and black wouldn't have been my first choice for a color scheme, but especially with a bit of masking tape work for some nice white stripes, it's really grown on me.
That Dire Wolf, though, I dunno... :lol: (Chipping and rust on purple, though, is real hard. Unsurprisingly, none of the WWII armor modeling channels I follow for tips have any useful hints for weathering bright saturated colors. :lol:)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:35 pm

Those are dang sexy beasts, Dave. As for weathering bright, saturated colours? Those are the best colours for weathering! All my nurgle stuff looks like a neon pop party before I set about it with the brown washes and oil paints :lol: Regardless, yon titans are lovely. Job's a good un, no doubt :D

(also, at this point, the title of this thread is getting less and less meaningful. I mean, there's only one Dave that paints around these parts, isn't there? :? )
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:10 pm

It might be worth looking for tips from people weathering model kits of cars, rather than tanks? Or possibly aeroplanes, although the weathering there will be of a different style.

Return to “The Gallery”