Dredd Thread (Judge Dredd Miniatures Game)

This section is for the discussion of Judge Dredd
Spevna

Re: Dredd Thread (Judge Dredd Miniatures Game)

Post by Spevna » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Lovejoy wrote:Dredd supplement, Blood On the Streets is now on general release. Also, Judda and Klegg Strike Force now available. The Judda seem to be priced incorrectly, as Warlord have them at 30GBP, and Mongoose have them at 25GBP, which is still steep for what were always goofy and divisive characters (for me anyway) in very camp costumes, but 25 is a tad more reasonable.

There's a thread on Dakkadakka in which Matt Sprange from Mongoose says that they were originally priced on Mongoose at 30 quid, and that this was an error, so I expect the Warlord price to be revised down. Emailed Warlord about it in case they missed that.

Love the Kleggs, maybe down the line would spring for them, and the supplement looks decent.

I'm going to wait for the PDF. I'm quite keen on a Klegg force though.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:45 pm

I'll pick up the supplement in hardback I reckon, I just hoped there would be some bundle deal. Heck, will probably just buy it for Xmas.

I have the Judge Cal set, it will be painted up soon - with the 2 (heavy!) spit gun Kleggs - so I could actually begin a Klegg list already (of 2 only, admittedly)...they look like a lot of fun! I imagine very nasty indeed..

++Edit++- Aaand..I now *have* bought myself the supplement, ordered from Warlord. Merry Xmas, Lovejoy. :D
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:10 am

I had a quick flick through the rules and had a couple of questions about gang creation that I was unsure of.
I've seen the rules on how many weapons a mini can carry and on how many points a mini can spend, but...

1.) Are there any limits on which minis can carry which guns? (Like heavy weapons in Necromunda)
2.) Are there any limits on how many Heroes or Minions you must have in your gang?
3.) Do minis which are already Heroes already have their Hero benefits included in their stat-line?

I'm sure a more thorough check of the rules will probably help.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:08 am

Primarch wrote:I had a quick flick through the rules and had a couple of questions about gang creation that I was unsure of.
I've seen the rules on how many weapons a mini can carry and on how many points a mini can spend, but...

1.) Are there any limits on which minis can carry which guns? (Like heavy weapons in Necromunda)
2.) Are there any limits on how many Heroes or Minions you must have in your gang?
3.) Do minis which are already Heroes already have their Hero benefits included in their stat-line?

I'm sure a more thorough check of the rules will probably help.
Looking over the book on lunch break...

1) Some, actually most entries have a limit to credits worth of equipment they can carry. Eg., a punk (minion) can have 75 creds of equipment. If they are upgraded to hero, they can take up to 125 creds. Some hero talents can improve this restriction too. Within that you are ok, whatever fits in- excepting Justice Dept kit.
We fudged this restriction a little with the switchblades last time, a minion got a las cannon they shouldn't have, but it was all by consent and hunky dory.
Justice dept at first glance seem to have no restrictions, but there's a nice rule which means they only get specific judge stuff. However that's all amazing equipment..

2) I am pretty sure you must have 1 hero, beyond that, whatever you like within the points (sorry, not points at all, credits) , so 3 heroes, 1 and lots of minions, whatever.

3) pg 107, creating a hero. If the entry says they are a minion before making them a lvl 1 hero, add one hit, choose 2 talents, and add one to two separate stats.
If they start as a hero, same as above, but no extra hit.

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:44 am

Lovejoy wrote:
Primarch wrote: 3.) Do minis which are already Heroes already have their Hero benefits included in their stat-line?
3) pg 107, creating a hero. If the entry says they are a minion before making them a lvl 1 hero, add one hit, choose 2 talents, and add one to two separate stats.
If they start as a hero, same as above, but no extra hit.
Specifically; if a model is listed as a Hero in the force lists (like, say, a Street Judge), then you increase two of its stats by 1 point* and give it two talents. If it's listed as a minion (like a Punk) and you upgrade it to a Level 1 hero, do the same, and increase its Hits by 1. The stat increases aren't included in the printed stat line because they could be anything.

The Academy Star trait aside, a model should have Hits equal to its Level + 1.

*I play it that you can increase a single stat by +2 instead, but I'm not sure if that's strictly allowed.

On the subject of equipment, note that the credit limits for models apply throughout the lifetime of the gang (subject to things like the Wealthy talent); no buying that Punk Hero 125 creds worth of stuff at the beginning and then giving him another 50 creds after the first game.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:24 am

I assume higher level heroes like Dredd, Nero, Death etc. already have all their upgrades included?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:04 am

Yes, Dredd and other personalities have their increases already included and are fielded as is (mercenaries rule).

I was tinkering with a Cal list earlier today and wondered re the above. In a way Cal himself is a unique personality...but he seems to be unlike the above example, since he is in the Cal list, I assume he can be used like other heroes and upgraded.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:30 am

Lovejoy wrote:Yes, Dredd and other personalities have their increases already included and are fielded as is (mercenaries rule).

I was tinkering with a Cal list earlier today and wondered re the above. In a way Cal himself is a unique personality...but he seems to be unlike the above example, since he is in the Cal list, I assume he can be used like other heroes and upgraded.
I was looking at Nero Narcos (gangsters list) and he has a ton of skills and is listed as a 3rd level hero. Giving him more upgrades seems kind of unnecessary.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:34 am

It's confusing because these unique characters are in a force list, not the heroes and villains section as would be expected. Digging around the forums on Mongoose, I found some elucidation:- I was wrong about Cal, although he is in a force list, the consensus is that he already *has* his bonuses included (unlike most other heroes). Therefore, it seems Nero Narcos already has his included. After gaining XP I'm sure they can increase stats though.

One Mongoose poster says 'Infantry Hero" gets to pick the upgrades, "Level 1/Level 3 Infantry Hero" or whatever doesn't. So that little phrasing is the difference. That would cover Cal, Nero, Angel Gang, Dark Judges in the force lists that I can remember (the latter can't level up at all).
Seems to clear it up.

Narcos is a good deal, anyway you slice it. A bit of reverse engineering on his stats and talents, shows he has one more talent than you'd expect, great stats considering he should only have had 3 increases, and good hit points and armour too. I suppose he is basically a brain in a cyborg chassis, so he's a bit better than the average human.
No model as yet but think he's online somewhere in design stage.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:10 am

Hey Lovejoy, I need to use a new faction, is it ok to use a pregen or something. I've lost my roster sheet from last time and most of my guys dies. I don't have minis for Dredd either.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “Judge Dredd”