Dredd Thread (Judge Dredd Miniatures Game)

This section is for the discussion of Judge Dredd
Lovejoy
Legend

Re: Dredd Thread (Judge Dredd Miniatures Game)

Post by Lovejoy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:01 am

Ashmie, no problem. What had you thought of using? Judges again, or something different?
For Zengo on the 21st - I have Brit Cit Judges, Apes, Robots, Mega City Judges, Mechanismo Strike Force (the robot Judges I used in Yokkaichi) available.
Soviet Judges and Street Gang will be in use by MtP and Underdweller. I think Prim is providing his own minis.
I have unpainted factions waiting in the wings, but no guarantee I'll finish them for the 21st. I'll let people know if more factions are available and painted up nearer the time though.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:30 am

Lovejoy wrote:[

1) Some, actually most entries have a limit to credits worth of equipment they can carry. Eg., a punk (minion) can have 75 creds of equipment. If they are upgraded to hero, they can take up to 125 creds. Some hero talents can improve this restriction too. Within that you are ok, whatever fits in- excepting Justice Dept kit.
We fudged this restriction a little with the switchblades last time, a minion got a las cannon they shouldn't have, but it was all by consent and hunky dory.
Well, we'll know next time. For now we'll just add "Use of equipment above current level" to the list of charges. That should get you another 3 years in the iso-cube, punk.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:42 am

And, The Judda box set is now at 25gbp. I got an email from Warlord saying yes, their sales dept had mistaken the price and a big thanks for telling them. What, no free minis? Very nice that they listen to the little folk though.

Sadly a wasted effort for me since it's one of the few sets I don't want.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Coming soon to a cursed earth near you.
The Sons, in miniature. 2015 mini project. :D http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/ca ... cts_id=945

The crow flies straight, a perfect line.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:06 pm

They're nice minis, and the price is fantastic. The Cursed Earth Desperado force list, or even street gang would work fine. Desperadoes are that bit tougher.

For bikers on foot, you might want to look here (under 'Bikers' of course) if you haven't seen them before:-
http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=FW

Must be others out there. I reckon you should have a spoof SAMCRO, that's proper tongue in cheek Dredd stylee!

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:35 am

There is a good scateboard mini on copplestone homepage that could be converted to a bike for Jax. Definitely going to purchase some when I get the cash. I'm not a fan of the biker minis for Copplestone so I'll have a look around. There is a huge gap in the market here for a Sons minis game. They have a boardgame already.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:53 pm

Thought I would post a couple of interesting links for Judge conversions etc.

Mr Spevna made me aware of these not-Judge heads today:-
http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=367

Very nice indeed. I saw that Mr AGP has also posted about these on frothers, which led me to this-
a gamer who made his own rather spiffy Dredd minis based on the 2012 movie:-
http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... k-but.html

Apparently he used Mantic Corporation Marine bodies. If I can assemble these bits, looks like another project for me.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:35 pm

I have a question for those of you with the current rulebook.

I have 2 gang members with arm injuries (one with a crippled arm and one with an injured arm.) When I use army builder, I can buy a bionic limb for these two gangers, which returns their stats to a zero level. However, in the case of the crippled limb, having a bionic replacement does NOT then allow that ganger to carry a rifle. Is this an army builder bug, or is it built into the game? Surely replacing a damaged limb with a bionic one should negate any penalties associated with the injury (the limb now being no longer present, no?) In the case of the injured arm, replacing it with a bionic limb resets the Ag stat to 0, but this particular ganger has +1Ag as a stat increase. This doesn't show up. (What I mean is, ganger has +1 Ag, plus injured arm (-1 Ag) plus bionic arm (negate injured arm penalty) for a total of +1 Ag.) Does having a bionic arm preclude any improvements to that stat ever again, or is this just an army builder bug?

Ta muchly for your thoughts :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:48 pm

It's just Army Builder by the sound of it- the rules for bionic limbs state that the replacement arm or leg immediately negates any characteristic loss for the injury (injured, torn apart, crippled), so the characteristic should be returned to the previous level (ie, +1 if that was your agility or whatever prior to the wound, rather than a poxy +0!) and of course it also allows you to use arms as before, wielding a two handed weapon like a rifle.

I suppose you can then injure the bionic arm again as before, and replace it again too...and when you have money galore, the advanced limbs seem well worth a punt. Plus one to melee on each arm, and a plus one to move sounds good :D here's to more minis maimed in future, eh?

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:55 pm

My rule of thumb has always been when Army Builder (or Battlescribe or whatnot) throws up rules questions, assume it's wrong. :) You could try and edit the data file to correct it if it really bugs you.

In other news, the Craiglang Block Young team are ready for their first rumble! No Judges or Citi-Def are going to get in our way.

Return to “Judge Dredd”