Dredd Thread (Judge Dredd Miniatures Game)

This section is for the discussion of Judge Dredd
Lovejoy
Legend

Re: Dredd Thread (Judge Dredd Miniatures Game)

Post by Lovejoy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Mongoose have just posted their State of the Mongoose annual address. Some relevant info for JDMG there, which I quote here:-

"Judge Dredd Miniatures Game
The recent release of Blood on the Streets introduced some brand new forces to the game, including the Judda and Klegg Invasion Force (a personal favourite!) which have also been released. The ABC Warriors will be joining them in the first quarter of next year, followed by the biker gangs (a street gang, apes, zombies and robots, all on bikes!), and a Brit-Cit Justice Department set which will be accompanied with a separate Brit-Cit Judge on bike release.

Beyond that, you will also see a Hondo-Cit Judge force, Eldsters and proper Mobster and Zombie Horde sets. There are also a slew of new single miniatures on the way, such as Max Normal (already previewed on Facebook), Dog Vultures, Med and Tek Judges on modified Lawmasters, Troggies, Treasure Steel and oodles more!

A great deal of focus, however, will be put upon the vehicles of Mega-City One. The Manta has just started full production at Warlord and in the first two quarters will be joined by the Pat Wagons (four variants – standard, riot, fire and grav), the Ground Car and the (frankly massive!) Mo-Pad. These, with the four biker gangs, will really get the Judge Dredd miniatures game on the road. And yes, we are looking into ways of providing you with real MC-1 roads for your tabletop! All going well, this will culminate with Death on the Megway, the second supplement for the game, which is slated to be released at the bottom end of 2015. This will include really funky rules for using vehicles at 200+ mph, as well as tying up all the rules for the models released in 2015.

Also expect to see the Rogue Trooper range formerly released in 2015, soon after the Kickstarter backers have received their armies."

Sounds like alot in the pipeline. I'll doubtless be getting a fair bit of that, though I'll draw the line at the huger things. Sign me up for a Grav Wagon though at least. And troggies.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:08 pm

The Manta tank has gone on general release from Warlord! With an in game cost of around 800 credits unmanned, and a pricetag of 125 GBP (it was going to be 100 but I think there were issues with the design), I'm not too confident that this is going to see a lot of action locally.

http://store.warlordgames.com/collectio ... prowl-tank

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like one. But most likely the regular Dredd players will be *only too happy* to split the cost. We just need, what, 10 willing people? :D

It was worth a shot.

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Wouldn't mind getting in some Mad Max style action in the Cursed Earth once the vehicle rules are released.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:26 pm

Speaking of which-

http://www.warlordgames.com/forum/viewt ... 55&t=19139

A nice thread from the warlord site featuring some cool terrain pics. I particularly like the long road feature, it would be great for vehicles. Not much terrain for those on foot to cower behind in some places though. Maybe some ideas there?

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:21 am

That is wicked good! I am very tempted to build some roads now.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:00 am

That table looks pretty big, but if you had 4x 2' long road sections you could do a 'rolling' table, with a new board being added when a model reached the end of the table and the models on the last board being knocked out of the race.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:16 am

Yes, it is a whopper that table! A rolling table system could be a good solution for a mad maxy game in a smaller area. I think I read that the future vehicle supplement (Death on the Megway) would indeed have some similar mechanic whereby the movement of vehicles will be represented..didn't Gorkamorka or another GW game do that incidentally? Traffic on the Mega City roads is meant to be hurtling along at 200 mph, and the Mo-Pads (massive mobile home like apartments meant as a way of alleviating overcrowding) rarely stop moving, so doubtless the new rules will need such a system.
No reason not to make out own rules for that if we feel the need.

It's an inspiring table and really looks like the entrance to a dangerous mutie stronghold about to welcome a risky assault and rescue mission..

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:54 am

My Cursed Earth table is in two parts, so it could be arranged to be narrow, but about 8ft long. Plenty of space for a nice long free way :)
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2017 0

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:39 pm

Nice idea to have a rolling board I like it. That reminds me I need the SOA minis for when we next play. That would be awesome for bikes.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:30 am

Lovejoy wrote:Yes, it is a whopper that table! A rolling table system could be a good solution for a mad maxy game in a smaller area. I think I read that the future vehicle supplement (Death on the Megway) would indeed have some similar mechanic whereby the movement of vehicles will be represented..didn't Gorkamorka or another GW game do that incidentally?.
Yep, there is a Gorkamorka scenario called "The Chase" that uses a "rolling road" mechanic . One of my favorite scenarios. Who does not love a good car chase?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Judge Dredd”