Tokyo Tactical 40k Battle Reports

Feel free to post up Battle Reports here. All game systems welcome.
Dekana
Veteran

Tokyo Tactical 40k Battle Reports

Post by Dekana » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:20 pm

I've been playing monthly 40k games in Tokyo since late last year. Follow along with the Auran 81st Imperial Guard regiment as we beat up space marines and lose to everything else!

2021/01/11: imgur link
Pictures from the organizers

2021/04/29: imgur link

2021/07/18: imgur link

2021/12/26: imgur link

2022/01/22-23 (GT): imgur link
Last edited by Dekana on Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Tokyo Tactical Battle Reports

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:41 am

Nice reports! Makes me long for a post covid time when getting on a shinkansen and trying to catch some games seems like a good idea.

Great job beating the marines. People are down on Guard competitively at the moment but those Manticores are monsters and all that plasma can do real work.

Conversely not too surprised you had a rough time against demons. They are extremely good right now and I fear the local Chaos players awakening to their power :lol:

Dekana
Veteran

Re: Tokyo Tactical Battle Reports

Post by Dekana » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:43 am

Actually, this might be my last game for awhile as well. The situation in Tokyo is going downhill fast, so I think I'll skip the next few meetups until a vaccine is ready.

My plasma-heavy lists are almost a hard counter to marines. :twisted:
But yeah, IG have had a rough time winning games since 7th edition. The move to objective-based games in 8th was not been great since we have a hard time staying on objectives without immediately dying. And then the smaller table size in 9th edition means half the armies charge on turn 1 now, which is basically game over for us.

I keep experimenting with different lists though, so maybe eventually I'll find something that feels strong!

Dekana
Veteran

Re: Tokyo Tactical 40k Battle Reports

Post by Dekana » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:44 am

The Tokyo group started a narrative campaign yesterday, and I decided to join in this time. Actually I booked a spot a month ago when the infection numbers in Tokyo were pretty low, but then it spiked right before the event... Anyway, I didn't want to cancel my spot, so here are some battle reports!

imgur link

I brought a pretty similar list as when I last played in January, with plasma gun veterans in chimeras and heavy artillery support.
The first game was against Tau, although we were only able to finish round 2 before running out of time.
The second game was against Necrons, and for once we were able to finish all 5 rounds!

I'm trying to be very aggressive with my guardswomen, charging them into hopeless combats to buy time while my tanks pound the enemy. It feels very lore-friendly, and I think it's getting me better results in game.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:31 am

Nice work! That was a great win against the Necrons, that was a tough match up.

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:38 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:31 am
Nice work! That was a great win against the Necrons, that was a tough match up.
Looking back, a lot had to go right for me to win that game. The necrons whiffed on most resurrection rolls and c'tan powers for one thing.
The orbital debris rule was: at the start of your turn, roll 3d6. For each 6, pick a different enemy unit and deal 1d3 mortal wounds.
I needed that rule to get my hellhound out of combat with the wraiths early, and then do the same thing against the immortals later so I could get onto the last objective. In addition to dealing out of phase damage to the c'tan shards, who can only ever take 3 damage a phase.
On the other hand, the terrain was really unfair for me, so I was happy to have that orbital debris rule, lol.

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:01 pm

I brought a horde guard list to two games in June, but I was so pressed for time playing that list that I didn't take many pictures.

Today however, I played two games with a more balanced list and was able to put together a battle report as normal. Enjoy!

imgur link

First game was against Death Guard - a very strong faction of course. It was nice to play against a list without Mortarion for once.
Second game was against a monster-heavy Tyranid list. Very fun, and a very close game!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:10 am

The sound like awesome games!

Kind of stunned at the DG player running out of clock while the IG player had enough left to clean up though :lol:

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:00 pm

I've been practicing a lot on TTS recently, so I've gotten pretty fast! And the movement trays help a lot.
But yeah, running out of time in WTC is absolutely punishing. I think it was the DG player's first time on the clock, so he let time get away from him.

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:03 pm

The Imperial Guard are back in Toyko, and this time they're bringing the holy tank!

imgur link

Game 1: Stormlord deathball vs melee Admech. Which meme list will prove stronger?
Game 2: Simply Tanks vs double telemon Custodes. They've got the guns, but I've got the numbers... and also guns.

Return to “Battle Reports”