What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: What did you do today.

Post by me_in_japan » Sat May 14, 2022 4:23 am

The suppressor seems pretty good, actually. With enough mana you could make a whole hella an airforce. They'd only ever be one board wipe away from death, but if you managed to flash em in on an opponent's turn or summat you could get in quite the punch (and attendant card draw). There's defo potential there.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sun May 15, 2022 1:16 am

Primarch wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:29 am
@MattB - Cool looking bunch of deviants. Are those heads from an alternative maker?
Yup, Jus 3d printed them for me. Not from a store or anything, just a guy that makes STLs. They're pretty good though.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun May 15, 2022 2:07 pm

These actually are different Ghosty Elves that I painted up today, as you can tell from their subtly different guns.

So that's 117PL. It's probably past the point where it's still worth counting PL, since they're obviously a fieldable army, but there is still about six units left to go. Some of those (like the spare Warp Spiders) will probably stay in an unpainted strategic reserve, and I not sure what to do with the Corsairs yet. So there's not much remaining between me and trying to figure out a scheme for the Avatar.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 16, 2022 12:37 am

Arrgh! In a double "GW does not want my money" whammy, not only is Nethermaze still delayed in Japan, but the Dire Wolf for Titanicus (at least the one with the interesting weapon loadout) sold out in pre-orders in like 24 hours. (Insert Philip J Fry "take my money" gif here)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon May 16, 2022 2:22 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:37 am
Arrgh! In a double "GW does not want my money" whammy, not only is Nethermaze still delayed in Japan, but the Dire Wolf for Titanicus (at least the one with the interesting weapon loadout) sold out in pre-orders in like 24 hours. (Insert Philip J Fry "take my money" gif here)
I was really surprised this week was so light on/Middle Earth focused, I thought they might take the opportunity to catch up a little. But I guess they only have the stock that they have 🤷‍♀️

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 16, 2022 3:20 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:37 am
I thought GW had a pre-order guarantee?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 16, 2022 3:29 am

It’s Forgeworld, so who knows? But limiting the number they’re going to sell before they even spin them up seems odd - presumably they just severely underestimated demand (I don’t imagine the extremely expensive, niche, and widely seen as ungentlemanly to field acastus knights that were the last FW Titanicus release sold all that well).
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Mon May 16, 2022 12:17 pm

@Jye: I'm in awe of your output. I think you've almost painted an entire army in the time it's taken me to paint like 6 Chaos Marines. :shock:

Speaking of which, I finished up two more. I did the plasma gunner because I wanted to experiment with a skin colour and ended up going with pasty whitish grey. That seems to fit a Slaanesh theme pretty well.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon May 16, 2022 2:40 pm

Yes but your six Chaos marines look better than my entire army! I'm also painting less than Primarch, I just post a few models at a time instead of in batches of hundreds :lol:

I would suggest anyone who is going to paint Shroud Runners and wants to be smarter than me should use subassemblies, two elves on a tiny bike leaves a lot of hard to reach spots!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue May 17, 2022 2:06 pm

Hey it's this guy!

I'm actually kinda happy this one? I think the Leviadon Blue works better for rocky skin than it did Aspect armour, but then they at least make more sense in retrospect, they're just cosplaying Khaine.

Edit: 136PL, with another 25 in the Pile of Potential

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”