Proxy Models for Malifaux

Do you need some parts or models to finish off a squad. Place your requests in here.
The Underdweller
Legend

Proxy Models for Malifaux

Post by The Underdweller » Mon May 30, 2022 4:55 am

Looking for some extra models to build up my current crews. I'll probably search around on Ringtail, but thought I'd try here first. Preferably already painted and made of something sturdy. Not expecting an identical model for most of them, just something that could be used in it's place.

Kentauroi (undead centaurs)

Archie (like a Flesh construct, and a few extra arms, one of them very large).

Little Gassers (small undead bloated gremlins)

Carrion Emissary (large-sized crow man)

Dead Dandies - I have lots of zombie girls, but no guys to speak of.

Dead Rider (Death on a Zombie Horse - large)

Noxious Nephilim: Undead Large Demon (wings, hooves, horns), with a mouth in his chest

jus

Re: Proxy Models for Malifaux

Post by jus » Mon May 30, 2022 8:05 am

If you take a look on cult3d or myminifactory for stl files that you like I could print them for you. Other than that I have a good number of dead walker zombies from GW assembled and painted if you want. You can have them for 30% off retail.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon May 30, 2022 3:20 pm

jus wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 8:05 am
If you take a look on cult3d or myminifactory for stl files that you like I could print them for you. Other than that I have a good number of dead walker zombies from GW assembled and painted if you want. You can have them for 30% off retail.
Thanks! I'll take a look around and get back to you.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon May 30, 2022 11:48 pm

You still have your old 'nids? I bet you could chop them up and build some "counts-as" gribblies.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue May 31, 2022 3:39 am

Konrad wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 11:48 pm
You still have your old 'nids? I bet you could chop them up and build some "counts-as" gribblies.

Tyranii-chan has most of them, but I have a bunch I saved for Kill Team or stuff like that. Not sure if 'Nids have the feel of the Ressurectionists in general, but kitbashing of some sort may be an option if I feel motivated enough someday.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue May 31, 2022 6:36 am

Just curious why not just get actual Malifaux figs? They are as cool as most anything out there.
Hey, I remember, I do have a Reaper Bones Owlbear from the first kickstarter. How's that for a Carrion Emissary?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue May 31, 2022 2:08 pm

Konrad wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:36 am
Just curious why not just get actual Malifaux figs? They are as cool as most anything out there.
Hey, I remember, I do have a Reaper Bones Owlbear from the first kickstarter. How's that for a Carrion Emissary?
I might get some real Malifaux figures. They are indeed cool. There are a few reasons why I'm looking for proxies first.

One is, Ringtail doesn't have some of the models I want, or it has them, but they are in boxes with other models I already have. I expect I can get them from other places, of course, and if anyone can recommend a place with reasonable shipping and exchange rates, that would be great.

Another other is, some of them are really difficult to put together, with really thin arms that don't want to stay on. Also, there are a few models from Malifaux I just don't like the look of.

Finally, I am pretty cheap, and would rather pay less if I can. Also, if they are already painted, that is great for me! (and worth paying a bit more for)

That Owlbear looks like it might actually make a pretty good Carrion Emissary, at least close enough for me to test drive it in a couple of games. I like your shading on the fur. Is it for sale? It's 50mm, right?

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:31 am

Say, 1500¥? Mates rates. I make about 200¥ an hour when I paint for friends. :roll: I'll bring it next game day and you can take a look.
You could do a "Haunted Forest" sort of theme. Creepy pixie things or bats for the gassers, the undead centaur and death rider could be scary wood-elf, horned hunter things. Not quite "undead" but spooky close enough.
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:55 pm

Konrad wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:31 am
Say, 1500¥? Mates rates. I make about 200¥ an hour when I paint for friends. :roll: I'll bring it next game day and you can take a look.
You could do a "Haunted Forest" sort of theme. Creepy pixie things or bats for the gassers, the undead centaur and death rider could be scary wood-elf, horned hunter things. Not quite "undead" but spooky close enough.
Sounds good, thanks! The Carrion Emissary is one of the models I have a problem with. Not that it looks bad, I just don't feel like it fits into any of my masters' crews thematically (I haven't read the fluff for it. I suppose there is a reason for it, other than "every faction gets an emissary", but anyway). The Owlbear almost fits into the kind of stitched together abomination type theme that my crews mostly have. A little less undead looking as you said, but still closer than a giant crowman imo.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:11 pm

The Underdweller wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:55 pm
The Carrion Emissary is one of the models I have a problem with. Not that it looks bad, I just don't feel like it fits into any of my masters' crews thematically (I haven't read the fluff for it. I suppose there is a reason for it, other than "every faction gets an emissary", but anyway).
Nope, that is pretty much the fluff for the emissary. :lol:
If I remember correctly, Zoraida made a bunch of puppets (the effigies) so that she could control and influence each faction. But, Malifaux being Malifaux 'bad things happened' and they became the embodiments of each faction and grew in power, eventually becoming the emissaries and free of Zoraida's control.
Thematically and mechanically, they are supposed to fit into each faction in a very general way. Some Masters do get more mileage out of them than others though.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Requests”