Heeeeeere, kitty, kitty... (in search of a mini...)

Discussions of all things Malifaux here.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Heeeeeere, kitty, kitty... (in search of a mini...)

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:30 am

Apologies for the terrible thread title. I'm wanting to get a Kitty Dumont mini for Malifaux. She looks like this:

Thing is, Kitty here is only available as part of the Lynch starter set, and I already have all of the rest of that box. Try as I might (and after a few false hopes, I might add) you just can't buy her as a stand-alone mini. Not even eBay. So I'm looking at finding some sort of alternative Kitty model. Basically, a Victorian, maybe-a-bit-steampunky lady, ideally pouring a drink (or holding a glass, or bottle) and wearing a long coat. I realise that finding all of those in one mini is asking a lot, but that's the kinda thing I'm looking for. Helpfully, Kitty is a ghost, and as such I can probably use any roughly suitable model, paint her white and call it a day.

So, o great and wise Nagoyahammer hive mind, I have a question:

What mini do you suggest I use for Kitty?

Malifaux is pretty petite in terms of scale, so something like GW probably wouldnt work. Likewise PP would look way off. I'm off to the UK at the end of the week, so my options for buying minis balloon massively for a short while, and I'm looking to leverage that while I can.

I await your no doubt eye opening suggestions with great anticipation.

*tips hat* much obliged, guv'nors.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Re: Heeeeeere, kitty, kitty... (in search of a mini...)

Post by Grantholomeu » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:15 am

This shop has a lot of models as stand alone, but obviously they're marked up from their normal price so all components of the box are more expensive than the box.

https://www.gadzooksgaming.com/products ... 7719&_ss=r
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:29 am

Thanks for that. An interesting site, actually, and one I didnt know about. 30bucks (plus shipping) for kitty seems a bit much, though, especially as Huggy D is only 18USD and 3 Illuminated are 22. It's almost as though they're taking advantage of the fact that Kitty is the one mini that isn't in the M2E box that lots of people already own...

So, with gratitude for your most excellent miniature-selling-website knowledge, I must continue on my quest for an alternative to an official Kitty Dumont mini. *doffs hat and bows low*

jus

Post by jus » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:00 am

Hey, tell you a secret. I have a machine that prints minis! Let your every hobby need be realized!

jus

Post by jus » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:03 am

What about this one?

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d ... ise-212744

Have a browse around. If there's something that takes your fancy we can work something out.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:45 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:30 am
Apologies for the terrible thread title. I'm wanting to get a Kitty Dumont mini for Malifaux. She looks like this:

I await your no doubt eye opening suggestions with great anticipation.

*tips hat* much obliged, guv'nors.
I have the Colette Du Bois, Smuggler from the All the World's a Stage box.

I also have the Asami from the Realm beyond box. You will have to make some adjustments but both are still on the sprue if that helps.

I will trade you for the Leviticus on Horse.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:45 am

Gentlemen, you do not disappoint. My deepest gratitude for your most excellent suggestions.

Hmmn. 3d printing is something I hadnt considered, so thank you Justin for raising that very intriguing possibility. Of course it means now I have to trawl through the wide world of printable minis, but that carries its own appeal, tbh ☺️

Ballonacorn - Colette is actually really tempting, because I actually also have a Colette crew! (Currently I have 3 - Lynch/honeypot, Colette/performers, and Ramos/deadmanshand). So a new Colette is quite tempting, too.

What to do, what to do...?

Honestly, I might take you both up on your offers, if that's ok. I'm at work just now, but when I get home I'll see if I can't grab a decent priced Lynch/Leveticus box. I'd trade Levi for Colette, and perhaps ask Justin to print me a ghosty lady (payment open to further discussion).

Would that be ok for you guys?

Oh, an important note - I am very unlikely to be at a Nagoya game event any time soon. So, we'd have to find a way to transport minis from me to you and vice versa. But hey, we live in a civilized age, so I'm sure we can find a way 👍

Ps @Balloonacorn - I'm assuming you want to hold onto Dorian Crowe? If not, I'd been keen to take him off your hands, for a fair trade, of course.

jus

Post by jus » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:20 am

No problem, Let me know fam.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:49 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:45 am

Honestly, I might take you both up on your offers, if that's ok. I'm at work just now, but when I get home I'll see if I can't grab a decent priced Lynch/Leveticus box. I'd trade Levi for Colette, and perhaps ask Justin to print me a ghosty lady (payment open to further discussion).

OK, tell me when you are ready.

Ps @Balloonacorn - I'm assuming you want to hold onto Dorian Crowe? If not, I'd been keen to take him off your hands, for a fair trade, of course.

I will be keeping Dorian Crowe. He's possibly the best thing in the box.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:17 pm

@balloonacorn - ok dokey :) it's completely understandable you'd rather hold onto Dorian. I'll grab the Lynch/Levi box asap, and I'll let you know once it's in hand. Once I'm back in Japan we can work out how to transport Levi to you and Colette to me 👍 Yoroshiku onegai shimasu 🙏

Return to “Malifaux”