Malifaux General Chat

Discussions of all things Malifaux here.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Malifaux General Chat

Post by Primarch » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:25 am

The Underdweller wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:28 am
I haven't played against Kojibear for about 3-4 years,
Can't argue with that. I guess it's Cadmus Vs. December and Forgotten Vs. Foundry then.

Anybody got any bug spray? :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:31 pm

You’re going to need a big can or an enormous swatter 😂

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:08 am

@Balloonacorn @The Underdweller @Primarch

Assuming we're doing two 50 soulstone games all day? I went ahead and flipped stuff for one game, but if we decide we want to do another it's no big deal.

As per GG3...

Strategy: Covert Operation (masks)
Deployment: Corner (crows)

Schemes:
3: Assassinate
4: Leave Your Mark
6: Hidden Martyrs
9: Load 'Em Up
12: In Your Face

Also I don't think we've ever done the Cursed Objects strategy. It seems kind of convoluted, but if we want to give it a try, I'd be okay cheating and saying we flipped it to try something new. If my opponent wants.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:52 am

Grantholomeu wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:08 am
@Balloonacorn @The Underdweller @Primarch

Assuming we're doing two 50 soulstone games all day? I went ahead and flipped stuff for one game, but if we decide we want to do another it's no big deal.

As per GG3...

Strategy: Covert Operation (masks)
Deployment: Corner (crows)

Schemes:
3: Assassinate
4: Leave Your Mark
6: Hidden Martyrs
9: Load 'Em Up
12: In Your Face

Also I don't think we've ever done the Cursed Objects strategy. It seems kind of convoluted, but if we want to give it a try, I'd be okay cheating and saying we flipped it to try something new. If my opponent wants.
Unfortunately, something has come up, and Primarch can't make it this month. Unless Kojibear shows up, or someone else has to drop out, we could try a 3 player game?

There are a few ideas in this post (One player controlling 2 masters vs 2 players controlling 1 each using Double Rush from GG, or homebrew rules, seem to be how people usually do it).

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforum ... yer-games/

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:08 pm

I am up for anything. 3 way sounds fun. Just tell me how many points.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:14 pm

Well, how about this? Someone posted it on the Wyrd Forums, and it could be worth a try:

Points - 25 each (master and totems still free). No models more than 9 points (I just feel in smaller point games things like Mad Dog or Riders will be unmanageable)

Deployment - modified Corner deployment (12” corners, spaces between 3 deployment zones moved to create equidistant areas)

Strategy - Turf War (works regardless of positioning, may be a slight advantage to one/two teams with closest markers but that’ll sort itself out)

Schemes - Assassinate, Detonate Charges, Claim Jump, Let them Bleed, Outflank (modified, instead of using centreline [as there won’t be a fair center line with 3 deployments] use middle of table edge and opposite middle of table edge...) Had to choose those strat/schemes as all others were too dependant on “enemy table half” and obviously that won’t exist in a 3 way game. (Tom: Another suggestion someone had was, choose 2 strategies that everyone uses, and one has to score against the person on the left of you, one against the person to the right of you)

Other rules

Pass tokens - generated relative to the player with the most models e.g. player A has 4 models, B has 5 and C has 7. B will have 2 pass tokens, A will have 3 (I think this is the fairest way).

Summoning - same as above, if player A summons then both other players get pass tokens.

Had to sort stuff out mid game (like judging you couldn’t score assassinate unless you did the attack that reduced the master to under half hp/killed them) but it worked really well! Was a lot of fun!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Or, we could just use "Double Rush" from gaining grounds - slightly modified rules, but basically 2 teams with 2 masters each, with 10 soulstone crews, but one of us would have to play both crews on one side).

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:48 am

Sounds like fun!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:34 pm

Let's do it.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:47 am

Ok, then!

I will bring 25 points of Ressurectionists, Experimental.

BTW, the "Let Them Bleed" Scheme is in Gaining Grounds 1. I assume people are fine picking from the schemes listed, as normal.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:51 pm

Is the "summoned models can't score schemes and strats" rule still apply? Turf War is from before that rule went into effect.

Return to “Malifaux”